Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

EZDok cameras vs OpusFSX cameras?

OpusFSX looks to be great for weather, but how does the camera system look/feel compared to EZDok?

Also, is it possible to use EZDok for the cameras and OpusFSX for the weather at the same time?

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yes you can turn off Opus cameras and use ezdok. I like ezdok better. I'm used to it and setting up cameras is very quick. I think moving the camera around and saving the view is easier and more intuitive than Opus' menu with the arrows. The Opus dynamic head movements are a little better though because they were recorded in flight. But it does have a horrendously bad "feature" by default that turns the camera for you when you bank and turn. It can be turned off though. You'll just have to try it and decide which you like better.

With the OP's leave, can I please ask, which works better with TIR, Opus or Ezdoc?

Hi,

i don't know what you mean with "OP's leave" (sorry my bad English). I own both, use both at the same time, though I had to disable Opus use of Tir on behalf of Ezca's, on account of a very bad Tir-Opus Performance. Tir with Ezca works  way better, much way better, at least on my rig.

I'm sticking to EZCA for the moment being, mostly because of the better cameratransitions and the middlebutton-mouselook that Opus is lacking. Other than that, controlling the cameras is all about what one is used to...at least for me, I have no problems with either solutions:-)

Edit: typos

Edited by Bionor

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I'm sticking to ECZA for the moment being, mostly because of the better cameratranstions and the middlebutton-mouselook that Opus is lacking. Other than that, controlling the cameras is all about what one is used to...at least for me, I have no problems with either solutions:-)

+1

I really like Opus weather and does a great job in that area. I still use EZCA though, i have never used the camera option in Opus. I have seen it in action on YouTube and i choose to stick with EZCA as it seems to work alright and i guess i'm used to setting it up etc. One day i may check out the camera options. I think upcoming betas are improving camera function. That said lets see what EZCA2 does when its released. Whenever that will be : )

Kind Regards

Simon.

Thanks for the comments, everybody. I picked up OpusFSX and love the weather but will be sticking with EZDdok for the cameras.<br /><br />Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hi,

i don't know what you mean with "OP's leave" (sorry my bad English). I own both, use both at the same time, though I had to disable Opus use of Tir on behalf of Ezca's, on account of a very bad Tir-Opus Performance. Tir with Ezca works way better, much way better, at least on my rig.

' by your leave' = 'with your permission' (https://www.google.co.uk/#output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=define+%27by+your+leave%27&oq=define+%27by+your+leave%27&gs_l=hp.12..0i30.932.9249.0.10580.24.22.0.1.1.0.223.2918.1j19j2.22.0...0.0...1c.1.12.psy-ab.kAyHj7neePY&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45960087,d.Yms&fp=406854f4fbaf7838&biw=1344&bih=723

)

OP= Original Poster

'... a very bad Tir-Opus performance. Tir with Ezca works way better...' - my experience too, and therefore something in a way of a partial answer for the OP?

Many thanks and my apologies to you for the use of outdated and obscure English phraseology, obscure even to some native English speakers, but then I'm old.

Best wishes

The big advantage with opus cams is the dhm, it's way better than ezdok.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Absolutely, along with all of the turbulance and vibration effects.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

SierraHotel, on 03 May 2013 - 3:14 PM, said:

Absolutely, along with all of the turbulance and vibration effects.

To get those effects we have to integrate Track-IR, which makes for a 'jerky' panning experience, and despite trying a wide range of TIR settings, I can't get an improvement.  I can't go back to the HAT switch, so, no TIR makes OPUS cameras, DHM and vibration effects redundant.  However I think OPUS is worth the price for its excellent weather rendering.