Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

New version of UGTB Tbilisi scenery

Jeepers that is one crazy TV tower Harald!

I was going to say I could light it up for you but then I googled Tiblisi TV tower on youtube.......

I can stick a flashing beacon on the top but sophisticated New year's Eve type displays I cannot! :lol:

Just a tip if you want to get rid of the floating runway...

I opened the file AP959170.bgl (located in FS9\Scenery\asia) in AFCAD 2.21 and selected Georgia - Tbilisi Soganlug.

Select the runway strip and hit delete. Now save this new modified afcad in your tbilisi/scenery folder. It will now override the default afcad.

Restart FS9 and the floating runway is gone.

If you also want to remove the rectangular grassy area then you can use SBuilder to make an exclude polygon (with layer 7)  that covers the area.

The best way would be to change the airport reference altitude and runway altitude of your UG0T afcad to 1152 feet.

I have attached a corrected afcad http://www.mediafire.com/?u27xed8htdy288c

Some flattens for the peaks before rwy 31.

Add these to the scenery cfg under the Tiblisi airport scenery.

Flatten.0=1484.40,N41 39.28,E44 58.02,N41 39.28,E44 58.75,N41 38.96,E44 58.75,N41 38.96,E44 58.02
Flatten.1=1578.60,N41 38.81,E44 58.54,N41 38.81,E44 58.94,N41 38.56,E44 58.94,N41 38.56,E44 58.54

edetroit, on 03 May 2013 - 5:07 PM, said:

I was going to say I could light it up for you

Hi Ed, that's what I hoped you'd write.

edetroit, on 03 May 2013 - 5:07 PM, said:

but sophisticated New year's Eve type displays I cannot!

And that's what I foresaw you'd write.

But anyway, it's a nice tower.

And thanks for the flatten entry! Works fine, still gives the impression of the little gorge or valley east of the airport.

Your way to solve the problem with UG0T is similar to my solution of this evening.

Long time ago, mainly to change the ICAO codes for Tbilisi and Batumi, I divided the stock AP959170.bgl into 11 single Afcad files.

Now I did the following:

1. I use the package "airports_in_georgia.zip", available in the library. UG0T airport is defined by the file "AF2_Tbilisi_S.bgl". It has a height of 1250 ft. The package has a lower priority than UGTB in my sim.

2. I deactivated the "divided" stock afcad file for UG0T as well as the corrected flatten file from the above said package .

3. I defined a third flatten area in scenery.cfg under the Tbilisi Airport entry:

Flatten.2=1250,N41 38.56,E44 57.22,N41 38.00,E44 56.56,N41 39.64,E44 54.50,N41 40.00,E44 55.63

Now it looks so (still without Eds flatten entries):

Quite acceptable for me as I never use Soganlugi airfield.

Regards, Harald

EDIT: I never thought that an airport in Transcaucasia would get such an attention by the simmer community... Cool!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I have a question for Harald. You say "I modified both the AFCAD and the stock scenery file (AP959170.bgl, I believe) so that they show the code UGTB."

When i tried to edit the  default afcad in file AP959170.bgl, it warned me that I would have two identical airports at the same location .... UGGG and UGTB.  Is this a problem, or will the AFCAD with the scenery take precedence over both the default AFCADS ?

Thanks

Peter

Peter Schluter

Well that's all sorted now, and thank you Ed.

I'd put a light on the tower!

I like this scenery for a number of reasons (have you looked inside the terminal building?)

One is it concludes the Black Sea Tour flight!

BlackSea.jpg

Also it is far from other stuff so you can experiment without spurious things intruding.

On that score  

By the way, I made a second afcad file with the ficticious code UGTM to build the military area of the airport, mainly for helicopters. From there, some Mi-8, Mi-24 and an An-2 of Georgian Air Force will start for a pattern or a hop to neighboured airbases from time to time.
Harald are you able to share some of this AI stuff? the airport certainly lends itself to a bit of mixed traffic.

Hi Peter,

to avoid this I opened AP959170.bgl and then I saved every single airport as a single afcad file - with the correct code. After this I renamed AP959170.bgl to AP959170.original.

Otherwise I had two ICAO Code entries at the same places; the UGTB scenery afcad didn't override them in my case.

@ WingZ: of course I can. Will try to separate the files in the next days. You'll need the payware AI Mi-8 by SBAI, the freeware AI Mi-24 by Milan Lisner and the freeware AI An-2 by Risiek Winawer. But as I made these modifications for my personal usage, there may be legal stuff, so that I have to study some readme files first. And for the same reason, the quality of some of these things is not very professional. With my traffic, it looks like this:

Just have a look if you like it; it shows the old (2010) version of UGTB.

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Understood Harald. So your method is a good way (only way) to rename any airport in FS9 which has changed it's ICAO code.

Many thanks to you and all other posters on this thread.

Peter

Peter Schluter

I wish there was a possibility to edit the stock APxxxxxx.bgl files directly without separating the airport bundles...

have you looked inside the terminal building?

In 2012 the cars were taken away. Instead there was an additional safety control.
Btw, did you note the floor of the old castle-like terminal?
Furthermore, try the following: Move your aircraft to Gate 101, set your transponder to 0101 (0102 for gate 102...) and your NAV2 to 112.00 (for A319/A320) or 112.10 (for B737 classic). Look at the entrance of the jetway...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thanks for the tip about the scenery, Harald, and to Ed as well for the fixes.  A very nice scenery indeed.....

John G.

Furthermore, try the following:

Ah! thank you.

My readme says:

"Óñòàíîâêà ïðîñòà âñå ïàïêè çàêèíóòü â ïàïêó ñ ñèìîì è ïîäêëþ÷èòü â ñàìîì ñèìóëÿòîðå)"

so keep them coming, Harald!

And thank you, any work you've done on the helo AFCAD will be a good starting point for me.

I wish there was a possibility to edit the stock APxxxxxx.bgl files directly without separating the airport bundles...

There is....writing new xml airport/approach codes.....but before I get into that, I want to light up the TV Tower with some flashing beacons because it is most definitely on the approach path as can be seen from my shots.

What would your good self or WingZ like?.... at the very least a flashing beacon on the top...red or white?

I am thinking red with some smaller white ones down the side.

Edit: ...second thoughts..one flashing beacon on the top should suffice...red or white?

fsscr352_zps7041d912.jpg

fsscr350_zps820a0bbc.jpg

Picasso, eh?  B)

For the eye candy: Flashing Red on top, smaller whites down the side.

But Harald knows the real thing, so... what the heck, just do it, Ed. 

The airport is used by quite a bit of AI too, once the helos are in, it will be a buzzy spot

And, who needs AES??

UGGG1.png