Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

Take Flight Simulations

Just browsing SimMarket when I noticed a new FS2004 scenery - Pasco Tri-Cities Airport v2 KPSC - by the above author.

It has been a long time since I have seen such a poor payware airport ... over 13 Euros.

I value any author supporting FS2004 and wish to encourage any new endeavour however IMHO this is worse than most freeware. Also it seems that the only way to contact the author is after purchase.

The listing of this product, I believe, also reflects poorly on SimMarket. Sales must indeed be tough at the moment.

I hate to be negative but ...

Thanks for the heads up mate! I have also noticed that lately SimMarket are pushing a lot of products that it describes as "New" that are in fact both old and sub-standard. As they have more high-quality products already available than my budget could ever manage to buy, I really wonder why they are pushing junk, especially from one particular developer who I won't name but whose products are almost uniformly sub-par... All it takes is for someone new to the hobby or just starting to buy payware products to have a couple of negative experiences and abandon SimMarket as a source.... Strange...

Wow, thats embarassing. I would point anyone to the perfectly good freeware version of this airport here at AVSIM.

Hello My name is Donald Miller, the author of the airport KPSC and owner of Take Flight Simulations, At the time, I did Pasco, I was a new developer and was pushing my self to learn as much as I could and push my capability's as far as I could I was allso just learning and growing witch I still am and, a lot of hard work countless hours learning went in to that project and, I have always strived to do quality projects, I did pull Pasco as a payware project and make it a  freeware project after a six month run, I was new in a lot of the techniques and probably should have stayed with freeware but live and learn which I strive to do every day I do thank you for your review and rest a sured I will learn from it. Also any Pearson who did buy, or download it as freeware can contact me Via my website any time they wish to do so and I'll be happy to help or awnser questions and again thank you for your post

Donald Miller

Take Flight Simulations

http://takeflightsimulations.yolasite.com/

Also any Pearson who did buy, or download it as freeware can contact me Via my website any time they wish to do so and I'll be happy to help or awnser questions and again thank you for your post

Refund for paying customers?

Refund for paying customers?

All though you may think the airport was not, a quality product,  and did not live up to payware standards.  Any one who did buy the product did so at there choice and there were clear pictures of what the airport looked liked nothing was hidden from The buyer. A lot of hard work went in to making That airport  a lot of sacrifices were made. now I probably should have kept it in the freeware realm that being said  simply saying something is crap is not grounds for a refund If you go in to a Movie expecting one thing and walking out unhappy does the theater refund your ticket you saw the movie if a buyer bought a product there was a product page a description and clear pictures of what the level of detail was nothing was Hi-den and there was no deception to deceive any potential  buyer  and I did pull the product from simmarket ,and released it as freeware where it did quit well although I do appreciate your comments

Donald

I am rather curious. I read these reports as to the poor quality of this work. No one here stated any details. If you say something is bad or good.... back it up with facts and details. I am not at this point on any side, but I think it is not very good manners to say something is bad without saying WHY it is bad. Yo may have good reasons..... Please state those reasons! Bob

Bob when I initiated this thread the product was being sold at SimMarket.  Like most products thereon, screenshots were available and upon those, self-evidently, I based my conclusions.  As they say 'a picture is worth a thousand words.'

Unfortunately you will note above Donald chose to withdraw his product from SimMarket and you were not therefore given an opportunity to see for yourself.  

Unfortunately you will note above Donald chose to withdraw his product from SimMarket and you were not therefore given an opportunity to see for yourself.

..... OR you can go to the link listed in drmiller21's response above and see screenshots of said scenery in question.

you can go to the link listed in drmiller21's response

How dumb can I be Greg ... I totally overlooked that.   :Doh:

FSX - FSX Scenery
  FSX Scenery--Pasco X
  [ Download | View ]

Name: take_flight_simulations_pasco_x_by_donald_miller.zip
  Size: 58,237,477 Date: 09-02-2013 Downloads: 699

FSX Scenery--Pasco X. The Tri-Cities Airport, KPSC, Pasco, Washington (WA), USA (formerly the Pasco Airport) was the site of the first air mail contract flight between Elko, Nevada and Pasco, Washington made by Varney Airlines, (later United Airlines) in 1926. The airport was relocated to its present site and became known as the Franklin County Airport. The United States Navy built a naval air training station in the early 1940's and ownership transferred to the City of Pasco when the Navy left after the war. Airport features custom runways, custom ground, static aircraft, static cars, custom 3D taxi lights, animated hangers on GA side of airport, animated jetway with two gate positions, custom buildings and custom textures, custom taxi signs, photo scenery for four seasons, wigwag lights, jetway triger, By Donald Miller and John B. Loney Jr.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery
  FS2004 Scenery--Tri-Cities Airport
  [ Download | View ]

Name: take_flight_simulations_by_donald_miller.zip
  Size: 58,938,442 Date: 08-26-2013 Downloads: 857

FS2004 Scenery--Tri-Cities Airport (KPSC), Pasco, Washington (WA), USA, v2.0. This design has taken a year to create. This is a complete stand-alone accurate rendition of the real airport. This was originally released as payware. Now is is a freeware package (however the enclosed license in the installer still applies). If you like high definition scenery, then Tri-Cities Airport will satisfy that part of your flight simming experience. Author: Donald Miller, Take Flight Simulations. Co-author: John Loney Jr.

There must be some value to my airports or the freeware responce would have been as negitive and again i do appreciate all your comments

Donald Miller

Take Flight Simulations

takeflightsimulations.com

Wow, thats embarassing. I would point anyone to the perfectly good freeware version of this airport here at AVSIM.

Roger

I Beleve The version you refered to Pasco v1 was mine as well it is no longer available here at avsim althouh v1 is still out there. there is an afcad for pasco for FSX done by another auther still on avsim.com thank your for your post.

Donald