Can someone try a short flight from EDLW to EDLP.

- Dusseldorf control asked me: do you have the latest weather , my answer: negative, no weather information, speedbird 1007

control does not respond with the latest weather information. (it only does when hitting the corresponding number, in the radar contact menu)

- control asked me which approach i request, my answer: control, speedbird 1007 request ILS runway 06

control does not respond (again only via the corresponding number in the radar contact menu)

now i'am requesting runway 24 (the opposite), and now control does respond!

(weather conditions: no wind, cruise altitude 3000 ft, Cessna skyhawk 172))

I would appreciate, if someone wants to try this flight.

I asked mce, but they say it has to work?!

thanks in advance

bagno

Can someone try a short flight from EDLW to EDLP.

- Dusseldorf control asked me: do you have the latest weather , my answer: negative, no weather information, speedbird 1007

control does not respond with the latest weather information. (it only does when hitting the corresponding number, in the radar contact menu)

- control asked me which approach i request, my answer: control, speedbird 1007 request ILS runway 06

control does not respond (again only via the corresponding number in the radar contact menu)

now i'am requesting runway 24 (the opposite), and now control does respond!

(weather conditions: no wind, cruise altitude 3000 ft, Cessna skyhawk 172))

I would appreciate, if someone wants to try this flight.

I asked mce, but they say it has to work?!

thanks in advance

bagno

Hi. Please see my video, linked below.

Wind it forward to +33 minutes. Listen carefully for the next few minutes!

Please listen carefully to the ATC and what I am saying and how ATC responds. I am not acknowledged until +35 minutes. There is a lot of noise (its the PMDG J41...Thunderbird!)

There is always a delay with Radar Contact. Please give them time to respond. Answer their request then add your request.

It all works!

Also MCE is multi tasking. Its working on all the other commands as well. :smile:

http://youtu.be/3PVDUOufrMc

Best regards

David

hi, 

i'have tried everything, again and again but no respons from dusseldorf control.

no weather information (waiting for a long time), and no respons when i'am requesting ils runway 06 

Here it ends for me, after flown the flight dozens of time with the same results.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, despite the fact that I use mce for a long time.

regards bagno

hi, 

i'have tried everything, again and again but no respons from dusseldorf control.

no weather information (waiting for a long time), and no respons when i'am requesting ils runway 06 

Here it ends for me, after flown the flight dozens of time with the same results.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, despite the fact that I use mce for a long time.

regards bagno

Do you have this issue with this airport only?

hi,

It is not a issue with this airport only, i tried several other airports.

EDLW --> EDLP , control asked me: do you have the latest weather information. my answer: negative sir, no weather information.

no responds from control (it does reponds when pressing the corresponding number in the radar contact menu, and then i hear the weather information)

control asked me: which runway do you request, my answer: control, speedbird 1007 requesting ILS runway 06.

no responds from control (again it does responds when pressing the number in the radar contact menu)

But when asking for runway 24,it does work.

The same with flight : EDLP -->EDVK

no weather information, and when i asked for runway 04 nothing happens (only via the number in the radar contact menu)

But when asking for runway 22 it works.

Strange situation!

regards,

bagno

A puzzle this one?

I would run the "makerunways" program in Radar Contact, again, if you have not done this already. Then Radar Contact knows all the runways you have in the FSX install.

If Radar Contact is still slow then secondly, ( and this is a long shot)  I would also looks at "enable optimisations" in the MCE ini. If you are running any Affinity Mask in your FSX cfg file.

I run Affinity Mask 14, which forces my FSX onto cores 1, 2 and 3. When the "enable optimisations" option is ON and you're running a quad core, MCE assumes that you need the first 2 cores for FSX and sets itself up to run on cores 3 and 4 only. So in my case MCE is using cores 3 and 4 on my CPU. These cores are already at 98%, on my system, so sometimes I see a slight MCE slowdown. Ignore this if you are not running any Affinity Mask.

Having said all that MCE is so efficient I rarely see any problems.

You could also try downloading the latest FSUIPC v4.90. The previous ones have an issue. ( Very long shot).

I can not think of anything else at the moment.

I know the Radar Contact command works using MCE. I just used it again in my latest DC9 video. (DC9 MCE)  I requested ILS runway 26, to stop RC giving me vectors. Request made at 00.34 into the movie, RC ATC replied at 00.36.25. So that's two and a half minutes later!! This reply is not always very quick.

Regards
David

Bear in mind RC4 blocks any keyboard input while it's playing audio. Be it the controller or other traffic transmitting.

Assuming the frequency isn't busy by the time you make the request, it shouldn't take more than 10 seconds for MCE to scroll through the various menus and select the relevant runway.

As David pointed out, RC4 must be in synch (update database) so that the runway you ask for is available on the menu when you make the request.

Bear in mind RC4 blocks any keyboard input while it's playing audio. Be it the controller or other traffic transmitting.

Assuming the frequency isn't busy by the time you make the request, it shouldn't take more than 10 seconds for MCE to scroll through the various menus and select the relevant runway.

As David pointed out, RC4 must be in synch (update database) so that the runway you ask for is available on the menu when you make the request.

To recap on what has been said, if you have an old version of FSUIPC it will stop working due to recent issues.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/74355-fsuipc-will-need-replacing-on-all-user-systems/

Radar Contact needs FSUIPC to work MCE does not. You will need the latest version 4.90. Just download it and install it. 4.90 will overwrite the old version and work normally.

Do take a peek at my video, as I said, I experience delays sometimes. This may be due to the way I have my Affinity Mask set up, or other unknown anomalies with the programs.

Cheers

David

thanks for reply,

I already installed FSUIPC 4.90 and updated the data base with makerunways.

The problem exists only with the following configuration: ground-tower- center-tower-ground.

And not with the configuration: ground-tower-departure-center-approach-tower-ground.

I suggest you try the flight by yourself, then you will see what I

exactly mean.

thanks in advance

bagno

I am away from my flight sim PC at the moment. Perhaps someone else can fly the route and report.

You are flying from Dortmund to Paderborn in Germany. Only 38nm, a very short flight. Can you list the waypoints and altitude you entered into Radar Contact and if you have all the ATC frequencies enabled. i.e. Approach, Centre, Tower, Ground.

Its approach that should give you vectors to their allocated runway. You only get to "choose" after the approach controller has given you the allocated runway and vectors. Then you may select from the Radar Contact menu for an IAP/ILS/VOR/NDB/Visual approach. At least that's how I understand it.

I am not sure what you mean by "The problem exists only with the following configuration: ground-tower- center-tower-ground. And not with the configuration: ground-tower-departure-center-approach-tower-ground".

Other than that I am out of ideas.

Cheers

David

hi,

The flight EDLW to EDLP does not have a departure controller or approach controller, but the center controller handles the traffic instead.

EDLW ground - 121.82 Mhz

tower - 134,17

center - 118.75

EDLP tower - 118.27 Mhz

ground - 121.92

cruise altitude: 3000 feet (GPS, no waypoints)

After takeoff tower hands me over to center, and after a short time center asked me: do you have the latest weather information, and which approach i want.

In the radar contact window i see the options: negative or positive, and my answer is: negative sir, no weather information.

But center does not responds, and after a while i press the number in the radar contact window corresponding the number: negative sir, and

now center does reponds with the latest weather information.

after I received the latest weather forecast, i request ILS runway 06, and again center does not responds, on this moment i see in the radar contact window

the approach options (ILS runway 24 or 06), after a while i press the number in the radar contact window corresponding ILS runway 06, and now center

does react.

the example above, is what happens when there are no approach controllers, but only a center controller (a real life example)

Thus when i fly a flight with departure and approach controllers, everything is oké, but EDLW to EDLP does not have departure and/or approach controllers.

(this is what i mean with configuration)

hopefully this will help,

regards,

bagno

the example above, is what happens when there are no approach controllers, but only a center controller (a real life example)

Thus when i fly a flight with departure and approach controllers, everything is oké, but EDLW to EDLP does not have departure and/or approach controllers.
(this is what i mean with configuration)

hopefully this will help,

After flying the leg yesterday, issue is now confirmed.

Will be sorted by the end of this week.

Hi,

problem solved with the updated version 2.5.38

thanks to everyone for the support!

regards,

bagno