Sign in to follow this  
R013

Just Flight BAE 146 no longer compatible?

I've recently done a re-install of Windows 7 and P3D, everything works well.  I installed my BAE 146 from Just Flight, selected the P3D option from the install menu, and when I loaded the plane it was incredibly slow and stuttering, to the point where it's just not possible to fly, also the icon menu that's usually on the bottom left of the screen is missing.  All other planes work perfectly fine as before.

I e-mailed Just Flight support and two days later got the following reply: "Unfortunately this product is not compatible with P3D, it is only compatible with FSX."

I must say I'm quite dissapointed as I got this addon specifically because it was advertised as being compatible with P3D, has any one else experienced this?

I installed all of my FSX add-ons, not explicitly P3D-compatible, using the Estonian Migration Tool

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I've also got the migration tool and tried installing it that way but I still get the same issues, strange!  All my other add-ons from FSX work 100%

Did you use a newer installer than the one you had used before?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes I had to download it from Just Flight again, I think I still have a backup of my first download somewhere so I might give that a try tonight.

I purchased the Bae 146  from just flight because it was advertized as fsx and P3d compatible,and I only fly P3d,so what has changed? why not still compatible ,and it has a P3d option in the installer, I think just flight is guilty of telling porkies  if this is not the case,there was an issue with the release of the majestic dash where one person from just flight stated they refunded on downloads only to be contradicted by another who stated they did not refund on downloads ,they do not really seem to know what is going on with there products

peter

I have been flying the BAe for over six months without a problem. Installed directly into P3D using a simple registry hack. Fantastic aircraft I love it.

Mac

Even on the Just Flight website it now says that it was designed "Designed exclusively for Flight Simulator X".  I'm not buying from them again!

Hi just found a good review ,right here on Avsim ,under the heading of

The Just Flight BAe146-200/-300 for FSX/P3D

So just flight what have you done ,I have no issue with the Aircraft in P3d but if I had to download again from just flight would it install  straight into P3d via there installer? if not why not?

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/aircraft/the-just-flight-bae146-200-300-for-fsxp3d-r1091

I would suggest keeping a backup of your original download in case you need to re-install it in the future, and I'm guessing there won't be any support for the 146 on P3D from JustFlight in the future either.

This is strange because this URL on the Flight1 web sites has, this statement at the bottom of the page: Quote:

MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X with SP2 or Acceleration installed
or LOCKHEED MARTIN PREPAR3D

Unquote

Which seems to indicate that they must support the BAe ultimate series for Prepar3D

Arismac  that link takes me to the Quality wings BAE 146 which is P3d compatible ,this is a diff add on  by just flight

thanks for replying

peter

Just for information.

Quality Wings sold the 146 Collection .... this product included both the BAe146 and Avro RJ.

The Avro RJ released .. well, about a year ago. The BAe part of the package is still in development. It will be released .... at some future time (unknown).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi ,as far as I know Just Flight BAE 146  is a in house vers  using a different  developer from quality wing BAE146 which as stated has not released the BAE 146 ver, despite calling the there sim   "the  Ultimate 146 collection" Thats a joke ,maybe it should be called "part of the ultimate 146  collection ",Quality Wing really need to get there finger out and release the BAE146 version ,they have after all taken my money in full ! not part of it ,

I purchased the Ultimate 146 collection also.

Their first estimated completion date for the BAe 146 (called Phase 3) was December 2012.

Then, Jan 2013, the estimated release was changed to April 2013 (first quarter of the year).

Today I seen a post on their forum about the BAe146. Many people are asking about this project completion:

Posted on the Quality Wings forum 5-9-2013 1:52am by Lars:

"Some people apparently try to draw the picture that the 146 project is dead.

Let me assure you that it is actively being worked on and that it's far away from being dead.

Although it strikes me after hearing people 'demand' an update,

be sure that I will update you on the current status within the next few weeks.

(due to real life constraints)

But please keep in mind that the time estimates have always been exactly that...ESTIMATES.

If those are being used against us, that's an easy lesson learnt...no time estimates from now on.

Lars"

Edit:

How much is "a few" weeks?

I looked this up on the internet.

It means at least three, and it means the person is not very serious about giving you an answer at all.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW