Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

Is There A Way To Repair FSX?

See....told ya!

Stan

It's taken 10 hours but all the info is in its own folder on a central drive and virtually nothing is on other drives or systems. There is some seriously good news too. I found a trial of a nifty little program Revo Uninstaller, which successfully banished FSX and other extraneous programs from my add/remove programs list. FSX will now allow me to reinstall it. Without a os reinstall. There is a God. He knows how many times lately I have beseeched his divine guidance.

Jon

I hate to tell you this, but from your description of the problem, it sounds like the problem is the FSX registry path. If so you probably only needed to fix the path in the registry. You could do this with the Flight1 Registry repair tool. You can get it here!!

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I hate to tell you this, but from your description of the problem, it sounds like the problem is the FSX registry path. If so you probably only needed to fix the path in the registry. You could do this with the Flight1 Registry repair tool. You can get it here!!

You're probably dead right. That's why I download and ran the tool. I have a beautiful installation of FSX, now with only 1 ASEvolution  still  confused with the FSX.exe location but tech support is working on that.

I ran the tool. Good one. I'm about to back-up my new FSX installation.

Jon

..... and rays of sunlight broke out, there was music in the air.... :)

You have no idea, the relief I didn't have to reinstall. Even though I should have and still might.

Jon

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Hangar Chat" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I have a new install on my system. I'm about to start installing aircraft, scenery etc. I'm wondering is there a correct order to do this? Scenery first or aircraft or doesn't it matter? The reason I'm asking is, I don't want to do this again for a long time.

Jon

It doesn't it matter, but it's important how are sceneries organized in scenery library. Just read instructions for all payware airports - for example, UK2000 airports needs to be above ORBX England and UK2000 common library