Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mik75

New pics of the Carenado TBM...

Guest Mik75

...on their Facebook site! And on two pics you

can see that there's a dialogue concerning the deleting of a waypoint. Could that mean that they worked on their G1000 to have the ability to customize flightplans or even setup on your own, directly in the sim? That would be great!

Guest Mik75

It looks good, yes! But if they really improved the G1000 on this release, that would be some seriously good news!

No kidding. Even if it is stock DB, the ability to add or delete waypoints in flight would be a large advantage.

I'm still getting it anyway. This is my type of plane - speedy!

I'll be watching the reviews.  I just hope they don't cripple a bunch of stuff.

This is my type of plane - speedy!

..and that right there sums up why I want this plane so badly. It will compliment the P180 in my hangar quite nicely quite nicely  B)

Seeing this I've gone from "no thanks" to cautiously interested again.  If Carenado can come out with something more like what Flight1 does, great.  But it's not yet clear what they're implementing with flight planning, and there're still issues like WAAS and database updates to address.

Speed in the RW plane is nice and all, but...  Planes that feature G1000 avionics that aren't even close to offering RW G1000 features lose something in the translation for me.

Scott

Guest Mik75
Seeing this I've gone from "no thanks" to cautiously interested again. If Carenado can come out with something more like what Flight1 does, great. But it's not yet clear what they're implementing with flight planning, and there're still issues like WAAS and database updates to address.

Speed in the RW plane is nice and all, but... Planes that feature G1000 avionics that aren't even close to offering RW G1000 features lose something in the translation for me.

Scott

Exactly my thoughts! These pictures brought back my interest in this release.

Looks mighty fine but i hope FPS will be decent as seems to have been an issue of late with there fine aircraft. Theres been some good progress with Devs giving us complex aircraft with good FPS of late with some clever & smart programming. All aircraft Devs need to take note. It can be done.

...all I can say is....frame rates better be like butter this time around, G1000 or not (and I'd rather NOT).

I don't know all their recent planes have the g1000 and its kind of boring to look at its two moniters plus having the same thing across 3 planes make it dull. That's why I fly the c210 vs the 182t that I have and well the fps issues aswell. I don't see why they cant develop a steam version along side the g1000

Sorry to bust the party, but won't be touching this with a bargepole, after the SR22 experience with the G1000 .....

Especially not with Carenado's official solution being "just turn off the PFD and ND in the VC and use pop-ups".....  

Sure, that's why I buy add-ons with high fidelity virtual cockpits, to use 2D pop-ups instead.........

(Bought every single Carenado release up until and including the SR22).

......... I'll get my coat.   :smile:

......... I'll get my coat. :smile:

You're already wearing your coat. :)

Carenado is garbage is my opinion. The 152 was great but that was it for me, I've purchased a number of there planes and flew them once

Garbage... a little harsh don't ya think?

I think their recent releases have been pretty good.  You've got to consider what they make best... usually steam HD planes.  I admit the SR22 doesn't have a well modeled G1000, but it looks cool, flies very well, decent sounds, beautiful interior etc.  I also like their C337... probably one of the best GA with RXP 530W in it.  I just don't see how anyone could call that C337 garbage.  FDE done by Bernt Stolle, excellent visuals, decent sounds, good RXP integration.  

If you look at how their planes advance they really do listen to customers.  First we screamed 3D gauges... they delieverd.  Then people wanted newer tech, like glass.  They put a Aspen in their Bonanza etc.  Now it appears they are adding some sort of in-game flight plan functionality.

Hardly garbage.

Carenado is garbage is my opinion. The 152 was great but that was it for me, I've purchased a number of there planes and flew them once

Now there is an opinion with no merit.

Carenado has some of the best visual models in any sim. It's to bad that customers tend to focus on what they don't have over what they do. I'm looking forward to the TBM, always wanted a high quality model of one.

With the RXP GPS, flightline gauges, Berts mod, and sounds from Simmarket, their C208 is my favorite prop airplane ever released for flightsim

They just need to accept they are not good with system modeling and work with Flight1 to bring out their G1000 avionics package, for example. Or someone that allows navdata updates and full features.

I just don't see how anyone could call that C337 garbage. FDE done by Bernt Stolle, excellent visuals, decent sounds, good RXP integration

+1

Now there is an opinion with no merit.
Carenado has some of the best visual models in any sim. It's to bad that customers tend to focus on what they don't have over what they do. I'm looking forward to the TBM, always wanted a high quality model of one.

I just wish they wouldn't rush so much.  We're an impatient lot and they could take some time and really pull it together and get on par with RealAir and Milviz.  They have the graphics...no one is better.  Bernt isn't with them any more but they could go back and do a v2 (or 'Pilot's Version') of a number of planes that he did for them.

Yeah, I've gotta dump on the "garbage" comment as well.  They make several of my favorite planes, and their 337 remains my all time favorite.  With a few tweaks some of their planes could be downright exceptional.  While I've not bought any of the latest glass releases due to a few issues that are key to me, I still look at every release they do with interest.

Scott

I'm also excited about the TBM. The glass cockpit is no doubt going to be a challenge to run in a dense environment, but that's the beauty of FSX: if I want to gaze out the window lovingly at my ORBX scenery and 4096-res REX clouds, I'll do that with steam gauges and leave the Garmins at home, thank you; if I want full on multi-screen glass cockpit, it's one click to swap my default FSX scenery back, another, to reduce the REX cloud textures, and boom! Smooth frame rate. :)

Or, I can go hunting for fjords outside ORBX Juneau, AK in the TBM at speeds and altitudes that are ridiculous for the terrain...... it's not reality, after all!

Wow!  Garbage?  I will not say that Carenado is garbage, but they do seem to have a habit of developing what could be a stellar aircraft, but fail to fully realize the potential in some way and often do not offer a fix.  My only Carenado purchase to date is their Baron B58.  Great model, flies nicely and I loved it until I tried the night vc lighting.  They failed to properly back light the radio selector and the transponder lacks features that a certain freeware version contains.  Two little things that I think they should have caught during testing, but did not and it seems the back lighting issue is not user solvable except to turn on the cabin dome light.  I still keep my eyes on Carenado, I hope that one day they will get it right.

I agree. But I get lots of joy from some Carenado products. Especially the 210

If they have upgraded the G1000- I'll have to wait for some reviews to really see if they did- then I will buy it because I love the 850

If I were to guess, I would say that they probably test their airplanes from starting up on the runway instead of Cold and Dark.  If they used the checklist they provided they would probably pay more attention to those aspects of the aircraft.  They did a great job on the early singles, in part because those aircraft are inherently simple.  They've been struggling to advance into some really wonderful airplanes, but skipping some important things in those airplanes and, seemingly, not noticing.  A fair amount of it is not too hard, I wouldn't think.  I've been flabbergasted that they don't put a fully functional off-standby-on-alt in a transponder or skip implimenting IAS and VS in an autopilot in these airplanes...things that they've done in the past.  (The transponder thing isn't important but it speaks to their attention to detail.  The IAS/VS thing is hugely important.)  And yet they also put some pretty amazing things in the airplanes and continue to improve.  Their glass continues to get better.  But, in the same airplane, you have to counterweight that with the airplane doesn't have an alternate static air switch...or no timer.  Someone there is trying because they do get a fair amount of it done with the systems and then it seems they push it out as is and rarely revisit it.  After spending so much effort getting the graphics perfect, and having an excquisite FDE they muddle through. 

If I could, I would convince them to slow it down a little bit and spend some time on the details, fly the checklist they're providing day and night.  Make sure all of the switches and knobs work the same (the Achilles heal of a fair number of aircraft developers).  Do a decent beta and, during the beta, get some volunteers to create some docs and tutorials.  There are people that are absolutely nuts over these airplanes and yet, has anyone made a complete tutorial for a Carenado plane?  The airplanes would be like the 337...superb.