Sign in to follow this  
jmdriskell

FSUIPC Doubling Commands

I'm running Win 8, FSX Gold and PMDG 737 NGX.  I've set up FSUIPC (licensed) to control my CH Yoke, Throttle Quad and Peddles.  Recently I've been getting strange results when I press various buttons.  Pressing the button for flaps down incrementally causes the flaps to jump two notches.  Flaps up incrementally either doesn't work or produces forty degrees of flaps.  I've reset the buttons but no joy.  I also have a button that should cycle thru various views (the same as pressing "S") but the button causes the view to jump thru one view and settle on the next view.  I want to use the buttons but until I figure out the problem, I'll use key strokes and hot spots.

Any ideas?

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Sounds like you possibly didn't remove the assignments in the FSX controls menu first before assigning in FSUIPC.

Or. Be aware that when you unplug a joystick and then plug it into a different port the next time you use it, FS sees the re-plugged device as a new joystick and assigns a default set of commands to all the buttons and axes. So check that any previously removed assignments in FSX haven't come back again.

I label all my USB plugs and sockets and always plug everything back into the same socket to avoid this situation.

Cheers, Andy.

I label all my USB plugs and sockets and always plug everything back into the same socket to avoid this situation.

Good tip there Andy, thanks.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Thanks.  For some reason, I fat fingered the FSX control panel and turned ON the controls again.  Duh!

Thanks again,

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)