Sign in to follow this  
ChristheK

Sorry in advance...!

I loaded up the NGX after installing a newer video card. Just went from a GT620 to a GT640, so no big deal. Last night, the NGX loaded up ready for take off as usual (do not have time for the whole start up thing). After just now installing the new video card, FSX loaded up perfectly and so did the NGX. Problem is it's cold and dark. Is there some setting I may have accidentially changed? I'd like to get back to the NGX loading in a ready for take off state.

One more dumb question: Been awhile since I looked for the manual that came with the download. Any idea where it's located on my computer? It would be in the default location that I cannot remember.

Panel state ( cold n dark, ready to go ) can be set in the FMC options.

Program files/pmdg simulations/ pmdg NGX for manuals.

Thanks for the quick reply, but the plot thickens! I cannot click on anything. Overhead switched no longer work, etc. I was able to click to lower the yoke, but it crashed the sim. It's clearly something with the video card. I'm using the same exact drivers that I was using on the older card last night and everything worked perfectly, as usaul.

Everything else in FSX works as usual. The NGX is the only problem since installing the new card. Thanks again!

I loaded again and tried to rotate some nobs on the a/p. Crashes every time. Never had this happen with the NGX.

I'm using the same exact drivers that I was using on the older card last night and everything worked perfectly, as usaul.

Update your drivers.

Drivers are made so that the operating system knows how to run the hardware.  Different hardware means different drivers.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks, but they are the latest drivers from NVIDIA and the same drivers I was using before installing this new card. The card is barely an upgrade.

Thanks, but they are the latest drivers from NVIDIA and the same drivers I was using before installing this new card.

So you're running 314.22 currently?

Delete your FSX.cfg and have it rebuild itself.  Because it was made when you had your old card, there could be conflicting lines in there referencing the old card (alternatively, you can go in, find them, and try update them to refer to the 640).

Additionally, are you running FSX as an Admin?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, those are the driver I'm running. I am running as admin, but will try rebuilding the cfg. Thanks! Only reason I'm concerned is all my other add ons are running perfectly.

I deleted my cfg and still nothing on the NGX. My new cfg looks fine and only one video card is listed. Perhaps I should uninstall and reinstall?

Try to run the installer again, before uninstalling, and try the repair option.

Kyle Rodgers

Its strange you dont have any probs apart from the ngx

Just putting ideas out there...could a Shader Cache rebuild help?

I'm not sure what a Shader Cache rebuild is. I did just uninstall and reinstall the entire package and nothing changed. The NGX still loads up and the VC looks great, except it's cold and dark and clicking sswitches either do nothing or crash and restart the sim. Again, the only differnce is the new gt640 video card with the same newest NVIDIA driver as the GT620. NGX was working perfectly until the new card.

I would recommend removing and installing the nvidia drivers as advised by Kyle.

Stranger things have happened when hardare has been updated.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Any other suggestions for me? Should I use some driver cleaner program? I just uninstalled the driver through the control panel and used the auto installer from NVIDIA.

Try using driver sweeper (you can google it) after uninstal your nvidia from control panel do not restart, open driver sweeper program and there's an option inside the program Nvidia chipset, nvidia display, nvidia physx now you thick nvidia display and physx it will remove all nvidia registry after that you can restart the window, before install new driver make sure you delete all nvidia driver inside c drive then you ready for new instalation, for PMDG do clean uninstal from control panel remove the program and delete the registry from cc cleaner or manualy, and delete all PMDG folder including inside the simobject folder then do clean instalation, hope this help.

Cheers,

Emil