Sign in to follow this  
wizzards

P3d and 64 bit

Hello anybody know what Dev if any  are already using the 3dsMax 2012 tool for developing addon,s  for MS Fsx

peter

They (Lockheed Martin) might be using it or a corporate or government agency using P3D may be using it for their purposes and LM released it so that anyone also using the tool might gain from it. Don't forget, small people and companies that have aged tools aren't necessarily the aim of LM with P3D. They may release tools that benefit the SDK for things they have on hand which may be way out of our pay grade and ability to get so easily. What they see as a minor investment may be the difference between dropping someone off the payroll to afford the licenses for a small business.

Not saying we're completely out of the loop, but a tool like 3dSMax 2012 might be a requirement to LM, but we out in the small world may barely afford the old licences we had with older versions, but the export tools or scripts may not work in such an old tool and LM would say that is the cost of advancing technology.

we out in the small world may barely afford the old licences we had

True. In the UK  the price for 3ds Max 2014 is £3,200.00 (£3,840.00 including 20% VAT)

I'm a wee bit confused...maybe???  Now, I have windows 8.1 64bit only (no 32bit).  Will Prepar3D v2 run properly using my OS?  I'm wanting to purchase the $199 pro.  I've already trashed FSX (can't use it anyway on my new system) and now using X-Plane 10.25.  I have lot of Orbx scenery I'd like to reload when I purchase Prepar3D.

Feedback will be appreciated

You'll be fine. 32 bit apps run perfectly well on a 64bit OS.  As for FSX, well, there are many, whom are running FSX without issue in Win8.1. I can't say I blame you for moving forward. I have been running P3Dv2 since it's initial launch, without any big hiccups.

Jazz

Hello anybody know what Dev if any  are already using the 3dsMax 2012 tool for developing addon,s  for MS Fsx

peter

Well, I have been using Max2012 ever since Lockheed-Martin's P3D team compiled the export module for it and release the v1.2 SDK.

I'm wondering why you asked your question in this thread though, instead of starting a new one for your question.

EDIT: Never mind. I see this is a zombie post back from the dead. :huh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator