Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

64 bit is the way....

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the latest version of DCS World - 1.2.4, which is the first to support only 64 bit OSs, and their SUPERB Bel UH-1H!!!

Today LM Prepar3d releases the 1st 64 bit update for their SDK!!!! Check the news at the AVSIM Unofficial P3D forum :-)

And also Carenado is starting to update their X-Plane10 add-ons to be 64-bit compatible!!!

So, with DCS leading (the 1st to go 64 bit from the start), followed by X-Plane10, and eventually LM Prepar3d v2.0, 64-bit is definitely going to be the future :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't think there is any evidence that P3D V2.0 will be 64-bit. Lockheed Martin have said it will support DX11 but have very carefully avoided saying it will be 64-bit.

I don't think there is any evidence that P3D V2.0 will be 64-bit. Lockheed Martin have said it will support DX11 but have very carefully avoided saying it will be 64-bit.

Absolutely true, but we can dream ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

But, as Jason Harris and others pointed out, this certainly doesn't imply that Prepar3d v2.0 will be a 64 bit application.

MS FLIGHT, with it's smooth performance and very nice scenery and aircraft, lighting and weather effects, etc..., uses DX11 and is 32 bit, and it is good. Of course we were never able to see it running with AI traffic, very complex aircraft, etc... so, we will never know how it would behave under such stressing situations, although we do know for sure that it takes advantage of your GPUs a lot better than FSX / P3D v1.4 do...

I would really like to see LM P3d v2.0 announced as 64 bit, but, that may well not happen, and it certainly doesn't mean it can't be good!!!

Main Simulation Rig: