Sign in to follow this  
b77200virtual

FS LImiter 0.22 not working

Hey guys,

I've recently installed fsx along with a couple of addons that I had purchased previously and everything works O.K except fs limiter which doesn't actually limit the frames.

I made ssure that I was using the latest java framework. Nvidia control panel is set to adaptive( half refresh rate , which is 30hz ) and I am using unlimiter FPS on fsx's internal fps limiter. Also, I'm using Mr. Botoje's Vsync fix.

Can you help me troubleshoot this ? What am I missing ?

this is the .bat file : start D:\"Microsoft FSX\Limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:25 /x:OFF /l:OFF "D:\Microsoft FSX\fsx.exe

Thanks for any input.

Mike.

Mike, I would drop the external limiter and just let FSX limit your frames. Many a bright head here have concluded that to be the way to go ;)

23.png

Thanks for your reply.

The thing about the internal FPS limiter is that I get less performance using it than if ,for example,  I used NO fps limiter and the internal FPS limiter was set to unlimited.

Why is that ?

Guest Mik75

Same here too, I tested a lot, but no matter which settings I use, the internal frame limiter takes away 30-40% performance.

I just use the frame limiter of Nvidia Inspector. It's set to 30, Vsync is set to 1/2 refresh rate and my sim is really smooth!

Its been fairly conclusively proved that using the external limiter is bad for performance and frames. The best thing is, if you want to limit to 30 frames to set the FSX internal limiter to 30 FPS - You will get more smoothness using this configuration.

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Guest Mik75
Its been fairly conclusively proved that using the external limiter is bad for performance and frames. The best thing is, if you want to limit to 30 frames to set the FSX internal limiter to 30 FPS - You will get more smoothness using this configuration.

If I set the internal limiter to 30, I get around 18-20 FPS in the VC of the NGX at FSDT's Vancouver on the active runway.

When using the external limiter (set to 30) of the Nvidia Inspector, the FPS in the above described situation are around 25-26.

I tried Word Not Allowed's guide, changed the settings as suggested by AVSIM's guide, but still my configuration (Boyote tweaked FSX.cfg, frames limited to 30, 1/2 refresh rate set in the Inspector) brings the best results on my machine (i5 3570K, 16 GB RAM, GTX 670 2GB, SSD only). Plus, the sim is super stable while in flight. I had only one crash during a flight which had been caused by selecting different payware addon aircraft in the same FSX session.

You must use just one guide, don't try to combine tweaks. It's not so complicated, old PC = Bojote tweaking tool, new PC = Word Not Allowed, DX10 = avsim.

When you go for one guide, you must start with clean fsx.cfg and no other tweaks.

I'm saying this becouse you use bojote recommendations combined with "vsync tweak" for example.  And internal limiter works much better than external for all people's i know, also Word Not Allowed's guide works much better that Bojote tweaking tool, there is no comparision between them.  

They all must be applied in the right way to work.

Guest Mik75
You must use just one guide, don't try to combine tweaks. It's not so complicated, old PC = Bojote tweaking tool, new PC = Word Not Allowed, DX10 = avsim.

When you go for one guide, you must start with clean fsx.cfg and no other tweaks.

I'm saying this becouse you use bojote recommendations combined with "vsync tweak" for example. And internal limiter works much better than external for all people's i know, also Word Not Allowed's guide works much better that Bojote tweaking tool, there is no comparision between them.

They all must be applied in the right way to work.

I tried one after the other! ;-) And always with a fresh FSX.cfg. To be absolutely honest, my results FPS-wise were best with just highmemfix=1 and Inspector not even installed and with the default settings within the Nvidia driver. I flew like that for the first weeks when I got my new machine last year in December. I was more than just busy with installing all the stuff again, but I was totally amazed by the performance. The only downside was the tearing effect I got with no Vsyncing and limiting at all. Everybody's system is different, on mine, the settings mentioned above work really well. I spent so much time tweaking during the last few years that I am really done with it! ;-)

I just wanted to be sure that my system is not performing way under its possibilities, therefore I wanted to try out the two most popular guides.

What is koste's guide ? where can I read it, please ?

Just type "Word Not Allowed's Flight Simulation World" in google, link is disabled here. 

I recommend you Word Not Allowed's guide, and when/if you have time, look in simforums for Nick N Windows 7 tuning guide - you can find it on simforums.