Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Delayed texture loading - user aircraft and VC only

Maybe your " TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT= " in fs9.cfg somehow got changed ? That used to make mine do that with certain aircraft / scenery.

Maybe your " TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT= " in fs9.cfg somehow got changed ? That used to make mine do that with certain aircraft / scenery.

Hello

I was going to suggest this as well. I suspect Ian as an experienced simmer will  be well aware of the texture bandwidth entry ,but nonetheless all suggestions are usually a good idea in the event of a problem like this.

Cant believe a supersonic setup like Ian has is experiencing this sort of thing in nine, (X yes perhaps) but nine! a mystery indeed Holmes.

Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

To narrow down the potential causes I suggest to disable AI traffic altogether and try a situation where you know the problem occurs (if that's possible).

If the issue goes away you will know that it is not related to AI traffic airplanes and associated textures. Then it's probably a scenery related issue.

Or, if the issue stays, you know that one or more of the AI textures need adjustment.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the good suggestions guys. I'm not sure I have nailed it completely, but one major problem was that something I downloaded a while ago offered me a link to the latest and greatest Nvidia driver - except it was actually an old and out of date one. I have now restored the latest and greatest Nvidia driver and things are working a lot better. I've managed to eliminate a number of possible causes but I have a feeling I'm going to find one other thing that's been adding to the problem. But the video driver was definitely a major contributor

Cheers

Ian

This is really starting to bug me. I have eliminated all the following possibilities:

1. fs9.cfg... I am using exactly the same settings that a few weeks ago was delivering flawless performance. I have used a backup copy to make sure there were no corruptions and have checked through it all entry by entry. It is configured exactly as it was before this problem began

2. As stated above, I have replaced the driver with the latest NVidia version

3. AI on or off makes no difference

4. Whichever user aircraft it is makes no difference

5. I have checked all my texture files for missing alpha channels

6. My settings are the same as they have been for hundreds of hours of faultless performance

7. I have defragged and run Norton virus check

The only thing I can think of is the NVidia settings. As they were changed to default settings when I installed a different driver, maybe I have the card configured wrong. But I've tried tweaking it and so far no result. FPS and texture clarity are excellent. There's no problem with scenery or weather. It only happens when I switch views to chase and to VC - I get a pause of 30-45 seconds with no aircraft or VC textures...

Grrrrrrrrr - I hate it when stuff like this happens and I know when I find the culprit it will be some silly little thing...

Any new suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Do you fly with a real weather provider/tool, like FSmetar or something like that?

Try to switch it off and see if that has an effect.

Do you fly with a real weather provider/tool, like FSmetar or something like that?

Try to switch it off and see if that has an effect.

I do use ASV6.5 but only occasionally and in this case when I'm trouble shooting, not at all. Thanks for the suggestion though

Ian

Hello Ian
I can't believe this is a driver problem ,over the years I have used all sorts of drivers ,I have used the latest ,used earlier versions ,gone back to the latest etc etc etc and in all that time have never really noticed any change in performance either for the better or worse really ,the sim just continues on its merry way.
If as you say the delays in loading textures are in the 30 - 45 second range then that is a REAL big deal. Even if i used 32bit textures on my old (seven year old ) single P4 2.8 I would not get a thirty -forty second loading (I always use DXT3 by the way).
Wish I could help Ian. The only other thing that might? be worth trying (you may have done this already) is to get one the advanced uninstallers I.E. like the one that comes with I-OBIT's systemcare prog. Unin your GCard driver making sure you select the option to remove all traces of that driver, and also any other driver versions you may have as well.(Then Rein whatever driver version you are testing) Some suggest that there can be conflicts between co-existing current and earlier versions drivers on one PC.(Have to say though that I have had more than one driver version on my PC with no issues)
BUT! in these difficult to solve cases I always feel any suggestions are worth a go particularly in the case of extreme S.I.D (Simmer in distress)

Cheers Andy

PS Ian I (and this is only my opinion) would be very surprised if your problem was anything to do with ASKY or any other weather programs.
The only time when I notice big performance issues from one day to another is if one flight is say in middle east (less detailed airports /or dense scenery/less A.I. in area= lovely smooth flight.Next day may fly in Europe UK etc and that usually means less smooth for the opposite reasons.

Cheers A.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I am now checking to see if it's a problem with a particular addon scenery. Why that would cause a problem with the textures in the user aircraft I have no idea but there may be a scenery that's setting up a conflict between that is taxing my system and shows up when I change views...

Thank you again to all who have tried to help

Ian

Check your scenery but I would also suggest reverting the the Nvidia 313.39 driver doing a clean install via the driver.  Delete your NVInspector, download the latest, delete the default FS9 profile, create a fresh one and set your usual settings...

What are your NVInspector settings btw?

good luck Ian,

-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg