Sign in to follow this  
josemartinic

FSX dedicated stores

Hi there, I live in Argentina and I am going to travel to Miami soon, can any recommend any store there where I can buy some boxed add-ons like ORBX, REX, etc? Or an online page within USA?

I don't think a FSX only store really exists.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Boxed flight sim addons are hard to find in US retail stores. The only store I see any are in a place called Fry's, but even then selection is very limited and is often a lot of Abacus stuff.

In the US, download seems to be a more convenient and easier way to go, more eco friendly as well if that matters.

Why do you want to buy boxes in the US anyway? Is download in your country to slow? If so, bring a few flash drives with you and see if you can get computer/internet access while in Miami and download as much as you can before you go home.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Do what Jim suggests. Bring a flash drive and use an Internet cafe. Why don't you download in Argentina? No broadband internet? There are a few us flightsim sites to buy from; fspilotshop, pcaviator, pmdg's site. A few european as well; simmarket only one I can think of.

You can access any site. It doesn't have to be US. Whatever is most convenient for you and your credit card. There might be a foreign transaction or exchange fee.

Do what Jim suggests. Bring a flash drive and use an Internet cafe. Why don't you download in Argentina? No broadband internet? There are a few us flightsim sites to buy from; fspilotshop, pcaviator, pmdg's site. A few european as well; simmarket only one I can think of.

You can access any site. It doesn't have to be US. Whatever is most convenient for you and your credit card. There might be a foreign transaction or exchange fee.

Download on Argentina is possible but takes a few days but the problem is that for example I couldn't find a web page to download ultra traffic 2, or any ORBX products, scenery (airports mainly), a lot of taxes to make them shipped to here, and I found a lot of products boxed versions on UK so I though there must be something on USA, do you know a page where I can download those?

I would think a download purchase would be cheaper too.

Kind Regards

Simon.