Sign in to follow this  
abasa12

Alaska New Canadian Routes?

Hello Simmers!

I was just wondering about the Canadian route network of Alaska Airlines (AS). A while ago they had many routes from Vancouver (PSP, LAS as far as I know, etc..), however they withdrew these routes a few years ago. At the time they were operated by the MD-83s, until those left the fleet. I was, and still am a little curious as to why they did this, and I am wondering if they ever plan to reinstate more (or the same) Canadian routes, specifically to Vancouver. Many passengers connecting through Seattle are travelling Vancouver to Palm Springs and other SoCal areas, and right now these are pretty much AC/WJ dominated. If not through Vancouver, they could run through Bellingham, which is seeing massive growth, and has an Allegiant monopoly on many of the routes. On the other side of the continent however, they also have no connection to Toronto (YYZ) or Montreal (YUL), big cities that, at least I believe, would benefit from a Seattle service. 

Just speculation - does anyone else agree/disagree?

-abasa12

Right now and for the past couple years Alaska has been running YVR to LAX only. I'm not sure on the reasoning behind dropping LAS as ACA only does it seasonally with WJA serving it year round. Palm Springs as well, I don't recall even ACA doing that one during the winter months in a few years.

Bellingham has been seeing it's fair share of growth that's for sure but mostly from residents in the Valley and well south of the Fraser river. Personally, it would have to be an incredibly better deal for me to use BLI over YVR.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Right now and for the past couple years Alaska has been running YVR to LAX only. I'm not sure on the reasoning behind dropping LAS as ACA only does it seasonally with WJA serving it year round. Palm Springs as well, I don't recall even ACA doing that one during the winter months in a few years.

Bellingham has been seeing it's fair share of growth that's for sure but mostly from residents in the Valley and well south of the Fraser river. Personally, it would have to be an incredibly better deal for me to use BLI over YVR.

I know AS is expanding their route network (just today they announced a couple of new routes from/to PDX), but do you think there will be YVR route expansion on the part of AS? There is a multitude of citizens on the west coast of Canada travelling to California (and Mexico), do you think there is plausibility here? And again, why do you you think they haven't started Toronto or Montreal?

-abasa12

I'd like to see them do more again out of YVR, time will tell.. I do remember them flying to YYZ before they did YVR way back when, but I guess that didn't last too long.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS