Sign in to follow this  
Adamski_NZ

V1/V2/Vr callouts?

Does the Dash8 do the V1/V2/Vr "rotate" call outs? It's hard to see those little tick marks when you're concentrating hard on the runway in front of you!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Negative. That would be a good feature at some point to add.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Negative. That would be a good feature at some point to add.

+1!

My eyesight is quite good, but those digits are really small! Since the bird is hard to keep on the centerline anyway it would take away some pressure...

LABOX4.jpg

I am postponing buying this plane until the Pro version comes out, but I'm very interested in how it continues to develop, and am looking forward to getting it when the time comes.  I have no doubt that this is one of the most awesome airplanes, but not providing some basic callouts as an option sounds like a lame omission  :P !  Not all of us will be running FS2Crew or other third party crew programs, so please Majestic, add some little immersive touches like this!

Folks this is one of the main reason that I made sure that we made pop-up screens available, they are also resizable.  Regarding callouts.....this may be looked at later...no promises :D

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

It does seem an oddity that you have a plane that models everything but the kitchen sink and spent years in development, but something as simple as "rotate" is not included. Maybe I'm one of the few who don't use fs2crew, but when I pass V1 or Vr (in other planes, 'cause I don't have the Q400 yet) and don't hear anything from a copilot, it really seems like something is missing. It isn't about eyesight, or not being able to see the bug clearly enough and reverting to a Popup, it is a matter of expecting to hear something being said, in the standalone product.

One must remember that in real life your copilot will be calling out the necessary speeds etc...

Steve Giblin

I am postponing buying this plane until the Pro version comes out...

I'm not sure there's much reason to wait at this time. At least JustFlight have said the upgrade price will only be the cost difference between versions. So no reason not to learn the plane and start enjoying her now! I don't believe there are any critical ommisions that would give you bad habits learning from the Piilot version.

Eric Szczesniak

Folks this is one of the main reason that I made sure that we made pop-up screens available, they are also resizable.  Regarding callouts.....this may be looked at later...no promises :D

Great! Thanks for at least "taking it on board". I though it was me, forgetting to flip some switch or other!

Though annoying, it's not enough to put me off this aircraft - there's so much to enjoy. I have other issues with it, but I'd expect that with an add-on of such complexity. It only takes a few positive noises from the developers to turn my 99% recommendation to 100%. Get it - you won't be disappointed!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Could I, in theory at least, write a script that would do that?

I have no doubt that this is one of the most awesome airplanes, but not providing some basic callouts as an option sounds like a lame omission :P !

It does seem an oddity that you have a plane that models everything but the kitchen sink and spent years in development, but something as simple as "rotate" is not included. Maybe I'm one of the few who don't use fs2crew, but when I pass V1 or Vr (in other planes, 'cause I don't have the Q400 yet) and don't hear anything from a copilot, it really seems like something is missing. It isn't about eyesight, or not being able to see the bug clearly enough and reverting to a Popup, it is a matter of expecting to hear something being said, in the standalone product.

My goodness you are spoiled. Here we have one of the best addons ever designed for MSFS, and you are complaining that some callouts (that are made by the FO) aren't modeled.

There are some of you in here that could be given a Ferrari, and you'd gripe about the color.

Forget callouts, work on the Pro version so we can have a real-life copilot call them out! ^_^

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

My goodness you are spoiled. Here we have one of the best addons ever designed for MSFS, and you are complaining that some callouts (that are made by the FO) aren't modeled.

There are some of you in here that could be given a Ferrari, and you'd gripe about the color.

Sorry you think that, but yes it matters to me.  I haven't bought this plane yet, but I can tell you that if I went to buy a Ferrari and it didn't come with something as standard as a spare tire or a jack, I would certainly raise an eyebrow in puzzlement.  Asking, pre-purchase, for the inclusion of a standard feature, common to every other good airliner for FSX, seems like one of the fundamental reasons for having a forum about it in the first place.

Forget callouts, work on the Pro version so we can have a real-life copilot call them out! ^_^

No Majestic, Please don't forget them.  Take 10 minutes to get somebody to say "Rotate" and just do it, because not all of us have a real-life copilot, or will necessarily have FS2Crew or MCE with an expensive noisecancelling microphone to get this basic immersion feature.

Sorry you think that, but yes it matters to me.  I haven't bought this plane yet, but I can tell you that if I went to buy a Ferrari and it didn't come with something as standard as a spare tire or a jack, I would certainly raise an eyebrow in puzzlement.  Asking, pre-purchase, for the inclusion of a standard feature, common to every other good airliner for FSX, seems like one of the fundamental reasons for having a forum about it in the first place.

It wouldn't be a spare tire or a jack...more like a GPS.  It isn't like Majestic forgot a propeller.  Anyways...to each their own.  I can tell you that you are sorely missing out if that is the only reason not to buy the plane.