Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Air India Pilots Did WHAT!?!?!?!

That is just plain stupidity!

BTW Ró, don't get any ideas :P

Think of conflicting traffic, accidentally overriding the autopilot by touching the sidestick ...

Any thoughts on pilots' overload, working hours, low wages forcing them to accept a second job, maybe?

Probably 1 of 20 odd cases are published by the media. There's a lot more that goes on but the media never catches a whiff of it, thanks to the airline officials and crews themselves. Being an Indian, I know people in the airline who only have 100 hours on a single engine prop and are now flying the T7 or 738 without any formal ATP training which is why hearing things such as 'pilot paid to get his rating' or 'pilot awarded captaincy because his father is a big shot politician' has become the norm there.

Corruption, politics, bribery get you your aviation certificate there, not legit training.

Welcome to Air India :)

Disgusted as a fellow pilot, embarrassed as an Indian. Prosecute them in court and black list them.

wow..

I could say so much more about the eastern world...and its ways...but i like being able to post.. -_-

Probably 1 of 20 odd cases are published by the media. There's a lot more that goes on but the media never catches a whiff of it, thanks to the airline officials and crews themselves. Being an Indian, I know people in the airline who only have 100 hours on a single engine prop and are now flying the T7 or 738 without any formal ATP training which is why hearing things such as 'pilot paid to get his rating' or 'pilot awarded captaincy because his father is a big shot politician' has become the norm there.

Corruption, politics, bribery get you your aviation certificate there, not legit training.

Welcome to Air India :)

Disgusted as a fellow pilot, embarrassed as an Indian. Prosecute them in court and black list them.

Are you implying that almost any AVSIM member could do a better job on a RW Air India B777 than a number of those RW Air India Captains?!?   :blink:

Are you implying that almost any AVSIM member could do a better job on a RW Air India B777 than a number of those RW Air India Captains?!?   :blink:

Sounds like he is, and sadly, he is right.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Are you implying that almost any AVSIM member could do a better job on a RW Air India B777 than a number of those RW Air India Captains?!? :blink:

Haha, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of quality trained personnel who have previous experience but the ones I know who are on both 777 and 738s, yes I'm quite sure a skilled AVSIMmer will be able to match (perhaps even exceed) the knowledge of an active member in the airline.

krazyk, on 03 May 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Haha, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of quality trained personnel who have previous experience but the ones I know who are on both 777 and 738s, yes I'm quite sure a skilled AVSIMmer will be able to match (perhaps even exceed) the knowledge of an active member in the airline.

Apparently, Air India are going to make it co policy that they have an avid flight simmer on every flight and they must own at least one PMDG product....;-)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Apparently, Air India are going to make it co policy that they have an avid flight simmer on every flight and they must own at least one PMDG product....;-)

So it's more than just rumour: Every RW Air India pilot will get his PMDG T7 copy for free?   B)

High time for me to apply for a job in Indian aviation industry ...   :rolleyes:

I'd make that policy effective immediately! Haha. We'd fare a much better chance of making the flight safe (rather than what's usually posted in the Indian media - physical fights among crew members, flight overflies destination because the crew didn't know how to use the radio panel / were sleeping, etc)   :lol:

High time for me to apply for a job in Indian aviation industry ...  

Or if you're financially well off, you can get your rating certificate as well as an ATP certificate within a few hours with signatures from the DGCA officials  :P

:LMAO:

(...)

Or if you're financially well off, you can get your rating certificate as well as an ATP certificate within a few hours with signatures from the DGCA officials  :P

I'll better stop after this one:

Heck, I didn't know the PMDG T7 will be so expensive that a "stopover" in India would actually pay off!   :biggrin:

Rónán O Cadhain, on 03 May 2013 - 3:21 PM, said:

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/cover-story/Pilots-sleep-as-air-hostess-turns-off-autopilot-on-Bangkok-Delhi-flight/articleshow/19849077.cms

My god, never in my life have I seen such blatent disregard for safety, procedures and just good old common sense!!! What were they thinking???

Regards,

Ró.

Ro,

As much as I dont condone a lot of what goes on in Indian Aviation, I would like to also take this with a bag of salt as the reporting is done by Mumbai Mirror and Times Of India. If you think that the AI pilots had such blatant disregard for safety, procedures, common sense, etc, let me tell you MM and ToI have blatantly greater disregard for the veracity of their reporting, especially in matters to do with Aviation.

Until and unless the actual truth be known, let us give the AI crew "some" benefit of doubt. I will try and see if I can find out what actually happened.

@@Luke M, lets not get into a debate about Eastern and Western World. I have a friend who is a TRE at 9W and

when he was doing some suitability checks for a couple of European Captains on the NG simulator, he was shocked that, one of the "Captains" had no clue on how to program a route manually nor enter waypoints throughthe LEGS page. And this is just one incident.

Regards,

Dinshaw Parakh.