Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

SweetFX v1.4 released

Adds more functionality, but works and configures as per 1.3.7. 

Get it here, courtesy of Guru3d, links at the bottom of the page.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for posting. I'm a big SweetFX fan and won't run FSX without it.

Guest Mik75

I tried it once in v 1.3.7 and I really liked the look of it. But somehow I didn't get the Antialiasing to work at all. Any tips on how to configure it (and/or Nvidia Inspector) correctly are highly appreciated!

Awesome - thanks for the heads up Paul!

I'll give this a try.

Today I posted here at the DX10 forum a summary of my best fsx.CFG and Nvidia Inspector settings used for FSX Gold, dx9 or dx10 modes, as well as LM P3d.

I wonder how Nvidia settings (set through NI or the Nvidia control panel) coexist with SweetFX 1.4.

Should I set everything to application controlled in NI and let SeetFX do it's job? Is there a combination of NI and SweetFx settings?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't consider Inspector settings when using SweetFX, JC, as it's post -processing, and likewise, I don't consider SweetFX when setting up Inspector, which is pre-processing - being the tool that creates the graphic display in the first place.

Here's a bunch of Inspector settings which have evolved over the last eight or nine months - the last two folders work well and are the result of input from a number of DX10 users. May 4 and May 6 are closest to mine at this moment, with these settings for Sweet. You can really play with all of these settings, just keep the original folder safe so you can copy it back in case it "go bad", and fsx won't start.  :lol:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thx Paul ;-) !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hello i made sweetfx 1.4 install today and i notice sweetfx is applying antialiasing automaticly i didnt even tick on it? im only trying to activate Vibrance with 0.15 setting but its adding aa too? i turned off fxaa (wich was im using) ect ect both on inspector and nvidia control panel and untick at game screen also... i even unticking vibrance but its keeps adding aa when a reload and cycle to on/off with sweet fx?

im using SweetFX-Configurator_standalone_1.3.3 to control sweetfx parameters...

Hello i made sweetfx 1.4 install today and i notice sweetfx is applying antialiasing automaticly i didnt even tick on it? im only trying to activate Vibrance with 0.15 setting but its adding aa too? i turned off fxaa (wich was im using) ect ect both on inspector and nvidia control panel and untick at game screen also... i even unticking vibrance but its keeps adding aa when a reload and cycle to on/off with sweet fx?

im using SweetFX-Configurator_standalone_1.3.3 to control sweetfx parameters...

I'm getting the same issue... Neither FXAA or SMAA are enabled in the SweetFX preferences file, but whenever I enable SweetFX using scroll lock, there is a slight blurring applied to the entire scene which resembles FXAA. 

Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?

Yeah, I've gone back to 1.3.7, as I had more predictable results with it.

The other thing I had, around the same time, was a couple of D3D11.dll crashes, (two in the last three-four weeks or so), and so I've also rolled back the Nvidia driver to 306.97, with Inspector going back to 1.9.6.6. Nothing else running with FSX uses dx11, so I'm hoping that removing one of these newer/latest files fixes the issue. Right now only two other people have reported this, so it might be something a bit peculiar to our machines... 

I'm confused, I have unzipped the whole file into the FSX directory as instructed, and see no difference. Nothing happens when I press scroll lock and nothing happens if I change settings and press pause to inject. Clearly I'm doing something fundamentally wrong! Any ideas?

I'm certain all the files are in the right place.

Martin make sure scroll lock is not used as an assignment in fsx for starters

Rich Sennett

Thanks Richard, have solved it, not really sure how but now working! Hopefully the CTDs of the prior version are now not an issue and I can use this glorious tweak!

sory but couldnt understand your suggestion paul :)