Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Constellation Professional from Just Flight

$20 at Just Flight currently. Thinking about buying, comments from any that have the plane would be welcome? Complex plane or simple?

Reviews say the rear nav VC panel is non functional but its an old review, perhaps that has been updated? Are there alot of dead buttons/levers?

Any extra touches  worth mention about the plane? Close to A2A 377 quality or far from it?

The JF Connie is ok, and quite fun to fly. It's immersive, with pretty good convincing flight dynamics, and nice meaty sound.    I fly it in P3D now and again, and always enjoy it,

But it's nowhere near A2A B377 quality I'm afraid.

It was (presume still is?) bundled with P3D ... so best put the $20 towards P3D perhaps?

Cheers

Keith

I was about to ask the same question as the OP as I picked it up for about US$7 ( i had a bunch of points from Just Flight  :P ). The videos I've seen look nice but I am interested in the FDE. Hopefully its not as bad as the L-1011 but for 7 dollars, its not a big loss either.

As DC6_Flyer says: it's ok. nice to fly, but mostly nice to look at in spotview. You can fly for hours with full power without causing  any damage to the engines. It also doen't matter if you keep the cowlflaps open or closed. Well. that says it all. doesn't it ?  But it's the only Connie for FSX (I never use freeware)

I edited the aircraft.cfg a bit, so I now have nice and slow enginestart in spotview

Peter

As DC6_Flyer says: it's ok. nice to fly, but mostly nice to look at in spotview. You can fly for hours with full power without causing  any damage to the engines. It also doen't matter if you keep the cowlflaps open or closed. Well. that says it all. doesn't it ?  But it's the only Connie for FSX (I never use freeware)

I edited the aircraft.cfg a bit, so I now have nice and slow enginestart in spotview

Peter

Thanks for the info. For $7, I can't really complain.....

It isnt a bad plane, fun to fly, I think the producrers have shut down. Has had no patches. The VOR radio is inaccurate, had to get an app for my Samsung pad to tune that radio. Looks good though. Really needs an accusim overhall.

For a $7 bag of candy for your eyes you can't really go wrong....

A purchased this when it came out and became extremely frustrated with the FDE very quickly. Haven't used it since.

Although I have not tried the JF Connie,only seen the videos, I would recommend the california classic propliners Manfred Mahns' connies; They are free and are superb.

Berlopez

My Avatar is one of them.

It's Manfred Jahn rather than  Mahn, if you're searching for it.

I can also really recommend this fabulous creation. I flew a 1953 BOAC route from EGLL to YSSY in real time in this thing. Three and a half days! Fantastic immersion, especially if you try and navigate using early 50s procedures. The aircraft systems are modelled in depth and since you're flying a 4-man flight deck, you're kept busy even on the 8-hour sectors. I got into is so much I wrote an excel spreadsheet for the fuel planning that turned out pretty accurate. 

Brilliant piece of FS art and science.

Cheers,

Andy

Andi,thanks for the correction.

berlopez

Just downloaded the FDE from Calclassic, see hwat it does to the JF connie if it wokrs at all...

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I was recommending  the Jahn model. I'd keep away from the JF thing unless you're only interested in eye-candy. It bears no resemblance to a Constellation other than visually.

And to mjrhealth... Do yourself a favour and install the whole aircraft. I'd respectfully suggest that what you're attempting is almost guaranteed not to work and is missing out on the brilliant simulation depth of the Jahn Connie. It works fine in both FS9 and FSX and the graphics are quite presentable.

Andy

Manfred Jahn's Connies are excellent, but be forewarned that they are ported FS9 planes and occasionally have graphics problems in FSX.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090