Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

this graphics card does not meet the min requirements for shader support

Hi all need your help on my mistake.

Due to the over heating of  my nivida card being  a gtx 480 series I got the Amd radeon hd 7900 series   got it home  and  all my games  had worked. here comes the issue,  I noticed  that in my add/ remove panel I noticed I still had entries  from my nivida  in there being  GeForce 3d  and my update drivers etc  I made the mistake of deleting  all these entries now which when I start fsx I get  the above error  and  fsx closes.

Also my steam games  dont work either and also my dcs   sims as well  I get  the  dx9 device creation failed cannot continue  you need to enable  direct 3d  acceleration etc.

I got the  latest dx 11 installed as well  so any help  thanks

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Pete,

I received the same message when I tried to upgrade to an NVIDIA GTX 660. I tried 3 different cards and I got the same error message each time.

I searched the internet, posted on the NVIDIA help forum and I was finally told that updating the BIOS would be the remedy but I never did actually go ahead and do it.

What was the reason for installing the ATI card, was it something that you had replaced with the NVIDIA and had it in storage?

Hopefully someone else has a solution.

\Robert Hamlich/

I would suggest you download and use a driver deletion softwear and run it in safe mode....

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The reason for the graphic card replacement was  that the nivida card I had in was overheating.

Now I found out  that  I cant play any dvd  now on my pc,   was wondering  since I got acronis   and got  a complete back up of my   2  drives was wondering if I should  do the  restore option to bring me back  before  the replacement   of my graphic card.

The question is  since  I got  a new  and different graphic card and I do the restore it will revert back to my old settings which wont reflect the new  graphic card.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I removed my nividia card last night and replaced it with hd 7850 no problems. Just uninstall the drivers, and use disk registry clean and driver deletion software.  Video cards tend to leave residue files behind I seek them out and deleted them all. 

gizmosellsbunnys, on 04 May 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

I removed my nividia card last night and replaced it with hd 7850 no problems. Just uninstall the drivers, and use disk registry clean and driver deletion software. Video cards tend to leave residue files behind I seek them out and deleted them all.

True that!

I have been hot swapping ATI and NVidia for a month now. Going between a 6950 2GB to a 7950 3GB to a GTX660 Ti to a 7950 and back to a 660 Ti. (Yes I am crazy). I have been working to understand the differences in Image Quality and my local store lets me play with cards for a week and return them within reason. While I have a 660 Ti right now, I will be going back to ATI when the price comes down on the 7970 Ghz Edition.

All I did when switching between cards was...

1. Uninstall ALL drivers from ADD REMOVE and when complete I shut right down and disconnect power from case.

2. Swap Cards.

3. Boot up and install complete driver suite for current card.

4. Delete my FSX.CFG and flush my Shader Cache in FSX. ---> http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/clean-up-shader-cache/

5. Start FSX and put my graphics settings back up where they belong. Done!

I suggest if you are using ATI you do as I have done here. Download RadeonPro and you will find it works a treat and smooth fps and nice IQ.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/404430-optimal-settings-for-ati-users-with-fsx-great-results/?p=2656246

This is Radeonpro ---> http://www.radeonpro.info/

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

PS - to dig yourself out, I would do this.

1. Uninstall the ATI drier suite.

2. Shutdown and install the old NVidia card.

3. install the complete NVidia suite to get the uninstall entries back into the system

4. reboot.

5. Uninstall the NVidia stuff from add/remove (programs). I notice NVidia stuff required me to reboot between each component I uninstalled.

6. Shut down after last one is gone.

7. Swap cards.

8. Install the ATI card.

9. Fire up and install the full ATI driver package.

10. Reboot.

How about now? Working?

Charles.

The correct protocol to follow, especially when changing from one make of GPU to another, is to use a driver cleaner. Some will say that it is not necessary when using Windows 7, but IMO it is always wise.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Thx guys for your info will let you know the outcome soon rather  than later

Peter kelberg

Hi finally got my graphics card issues fixed at last,  what I  did  to solve it,  used  the restore option in windows  from a earlier  time  before I had  the issue.  The reason it  didn't work the first time  was  that my avg was blocking the process for  some  reason or so, so had  to uninstall my avg  and  do the restore worked first time  when  the avg  was uninstalled. Now  back in  now made a back up of  my 2  drives to an external  with my new settings  so  wont have this trouble again :)

Peter kelberg

Glad you got it sorted Peter...

Howard

thx howard

Peter kelberg