Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Using the 10:21 demo for four hours---Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Don't also forget that xp10 is still in beta

Five, while I understand what you mean, there is still a lot of confusion about this "beta" stuff.

X-Plane is officialy no more in beta since around 10.05 (or 10.10, not sure). But, there is often a beta version in the workshop, which we have access to, and which sometimes gives the impression that X-Plane is in perpetual beta. It is not. It is a release model more akin to a "rolling release" that Google, among others, has popularised, and I believe that most softwares will eventually follow this model in the future.

Austin is that you? Lol just kidding

For all the years that everybody around here has noted...when I find something rather 'meh....', I don't tend to bash it, or bring it down. But...when i find something that deserves an OMG!, you will know about it, lol.  Nope, not Austin, just good ole' Sesquash.

BTW, thanks for those FYI's...I'm going to check them out. I'll click on that TRU-Scenery and see what's up...thanks again Five-By-Five!  Fellow XP10 groupie now here....  :)

Glad you liked it. Now check this site out if you want even more good news as you can download for FREE even more airport scenery.

http://theosdavis.com/xpfiles/downloads_v10.html

...and if you like photo scenery here's another great source:

http://simheaven.com/?page_id=322

Also you need to install OpenSceneryX object library as many add-on's require you to have this installed, just follow the instructions, very easy to install and update.

http://www.opensceneryx.com/

Enjoy

You bet, and thank you so much for the links. I'm settling in for the night...and having a ball with this!  Thanks folks!

Mitch'er

Mitch,

I was wondering what happened to you.

NAX669.png

Nice to see you and your enthusiasm around again Mitch! I have to say the latest two betas have reignited my enthusiasm too!

This is being SO ORDERED!

----------------------------------------------------

Sesquash :)

before adding any payware or freeware scenery, you will need this free update or else you will get scenery errors:

Nice to see you and your enthusiasm around again Mitch! I have to say the latest two betas have reignited my enthusiasm too!

Hi Geofa!  Good to hear from you, as well!

You know, I turned on the computer last night, started the download, and went to bed. In the morning, the demo was intact. I really didn't know what to expect. The MAIN reason for my interest, was the 64 bit.exe

...the rest today was 'history'.  I'm in...and now a dedicated Laminar Research supporter.

before adding any payware or freeware scenery, you will need this free update or else you will get scenery errors:

I'm visiting the sites tonight and writing down what interests me, or bookmarking.  I'm going to wait until I have the full paid-for installation, before really laying it down....:)

Mitch,

I was wondering what happened to you.

Hey Mike, how's it going?  I have always been around or just off in the bushes.  I think that I typed more today in any one forum then I have in a long time, lol.

Cheers!

I would agree with you Geofa. I am very much looking forward to the upcoming 10.22 release that is supposed to add new art assets to autogen.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

How do you get it to run more than 15 minutes? I set it to run as an AI plane and it runs for 15 minutes and a screen comes on that says it is disabling the joystick.There is no place to click to continue. I was at KSEA.  Thanks, Bob.

When my 15 mins came up I just turned on the auto pilot and kept altering the heading :lol:

Think you seen most things and then along comes a train...

At  night I wondered what the flashing lights were on the highways, zoomed down and the cops had there flashing lights on tearing past all the other traffic.

Yep, got the disks a couple of days ago.

Cheers

Trevor Golding

How do you get it to run more than 15 minutes? I set it to run as an AI plane and it runs for 15 minutes and a screen comes on that says it is disabling the joystick.There is no place to click to continue. I was at KSEA. Thanks, Bob.

Hi Bob, as soon at that 15 minute kick off comes up..and perhaps a few minutes before that, make a heading that keeps you in the demo area, and click on let A.I. fly the plane. Then sit back and enjoy. Another great way to see how responsive this can be on your own unique system, is to be at the runway with the plane running and click on A.I. control. You will see the plane turn off the runway (if you are using real weather) and head at taxi to the proper runway for wind heading, take off, and climb out to cruise. A really nice demo of what this baby can accomplish...

Ses

Ok...done deal,  this newly converted XP10'er is waiting for his delivery! :)

That 15 minute joystick,....can kiss off....LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

signed,

Happy Camper

Ok...done deal,  this newly converted XP10'er is waiting for his delivery! :)

That 15 minute joystick,....can kiss off....LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

signed,

Happy Camper

reading posts like this makes me so happy-jealous and I already own 2 copies of xp10 plus I bought a 1TB USB 3.0 Seagate External HD just for xp10 backups.  Congratulations on your newborn sim :lol:  :clapping:   lol my life is so sad :lol:  :P

Hi Ses. Thanks. I started out with the plane in AI mode. It did leave the initial runway and taxied to the proper runway. It sure was jerky at the turns. It took off and flew for a while and then the message came up that the joystick was disabled. I tried everything including the A/P and it did not work. I'll try it again as you stated. Bob.

reading posts like this makes me so happy-jealous and I already own 2 copies of xp10 plus I bought a 1TB USB 3.0 Seagate External HD just for xp10 backups. Congratulations on your newborn sim :lol: :clapping: lol my life is so sad :lol: :P

Christmas in May...yeah..I just came off another great flight. Feel sorry for me...I have $$$'s invested in FSX...and uh...er...well....yeah. What can I say...can't wait! This has brought my system to life, and FINALLY, I'm seeing what the system upgrade dollars were being spent for...

Five-By-Five...easy runnin'...soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth as silk upon the skin.... LOVIN' IT! BTW, this sim produces the most realistic colors in land texture and AWESOME water (color as viewed with ambient light acting upon it) texture and animation, this guy has ever seen since getting into the mode in 1979. I have the sim full out, everything at max settings, other than deer and balloons. My posted system specifications is handling a full-out XP10 experience in stride. Now.....THIS be flight sim'ing!

Christmas in May...yeah..I just came off another great flight. Feel sorry for me...I have $$$'s invested in FSX...and uh...er...well....yeah. What can I say...can't wait! This has brought my system to life, and FINALLY, I'm seeing what the system upgrade dollars were being spent for...

Five-By-Five...easy runnin'...soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth as silk upon the skin.... LOVIN' IT! BTW, this sim produces the most realistic colors in land texture and AWESOME water (color as viewed with ambient light acting upon it) texture and animation, this guy has ever seen since getting into the mode in 1979. I have the sim full out, everything at max settings, other than deer and balloons. My posted system specifications is handling a full-out XP10 experience in stride. Now.....THIS be flight sim'ing!

me too, ever since the latest beta update 10.21 Final and several new addons, I haven't touched FSX/P3D in almost a month.  I also spent thousands on fs9/fsx but I stopped after the release of the AirbusX.  My $$$$ is going to XP10 full-time in 2013 and beyond :good: