Sign in to follow this  
hightower

Default 737-800 Fuel Quantities

I went to start the default 737-800 and when N2 reached 21-22%, the spooling stopped and the engine did a slow return to 0 percentage. I then noticed that all three fuel cells were showing 0 fuel quantity. No fuel in the tanks whatsoever. The AC cfg file showed the proper fuel quantity settings for the three tanks but the MFD showed they were all empty. The panel is the default FSX 737-800. I then went to the "Fuel & Payload" section under the Aircraft Tab in the Tool Bar and added in appropriate fuel percentages. Engines then fired with out a problem and the MFD showed fuel in each tank.

Upon returning to FSX later on (after complete shutdown), I loaded the 737-800 and it again showed no fuel in any of the tanks. I examined the FSX cfg file looking for a fuel related setting but couldn't/didn't find one that looked like it might be related to my problem. This is only happening with this AC. Other 3rd party AC show fuel in their tanks.

Here is the fuel section from the AC cfg file:

[fuel]
Center1   = -5.9,   0.0, -3.2, 4299, 0          //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
LeftMain  = -9.7, -17.2, -3.2, 1288, 0          //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightMain = -9.7,  17.2, -3.2, 1288, 0          //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
fuel_type = 2                                   //Fuel type: 1 = Avgas, 2 = JetA
number_of_tank_selectors = 1                    
electric_pump=1
fuel_dump_rate = 0.0167                        //Percent of max quantity per second, i.e. about 1 minute for full fuel

Any help would be appreciated

Thank

Probably reflects your default flight.

Reloading the plane should set it to the aircraft.cfg quantities.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Yeah, try reloading the plane. I've had a similar problem a few days ago, when I arrived at PANC in a small GA plane, and then decided to just quickly take off in the default Hornet from where I just landed. The funny thing was that the tanks seemed to be full (82%, which was about the amount I had in my tank when I arrived at ANC earlier), but as soon as I took off the plane started telling that it was on Bingo fuel. The engines didn't stop, though, and after I relaoded the plane, it was silent again.

N60JBravo & FloG:

Thanks for your feedback. Got it fixed. Somewhere along the line, I saved the 737 as the default flight with empty tanks. No idea how that happened. I then changed the default AC to another AC which had full tanks, but when re-selecting the 737 in the "Change Aircraft" box, it came up with empty tanks due to my initial selection as the default AC. 

At any rate, after filling the tanks and THEN saving it as default, all is OK when selecting 3rd party AC to fly.

Thanks