Sign in to follow this  
justinpilotatc

Extreme drag

Recently During approach with flaps 5 the drag that resulted was excessive. Pitch was -15 with speed decreasing through 170kts with 95% n1. Spoilers were retracted gear up. I've never experienced this before but twice since the first time. Load of the aircraft was between 40-90% the tomes it happened. Anyone experience this? I recently installed the majestin software q400 but that's it.

I have read something like this here earlier but I can't find it, something about flaps indicating 5 but actually stuck fully extended. Do you have hardware controllers mapped for flaps, like switches on the Saitek THQ? I'll try to find the post I am thinking of.

23.png

Thanks. I searched the forums but couldn't find anything.

Yes I have the goflight tq currently. That would make sense.

Arghhh, sorry but I can't find the relevant post either. Do you map all buttons and axis' through FSUIPC?

I do, and I delete all mappings in FSX. As far as I understand that is the safest way to avoid "sticky" problems.

23.png

Yeah I always clear out my settings in fsx and use fsuipc but I will triple check after work.

Thanks again.

Hi! Over on the majestic forum (sorry for mentioning the (other" developer) there's talk of their plane affecting the other aircrafts in fsx after its installation.

I would have a look and maybe fly a set scenario, uninstall the q400 and repeating the same set scenario to try troubleshoot this issue.

Just my 2c

Ok after removing fsuipc completely and reinstalling it is fixed. I also removed the new Q400 just in case. Finally flying!

Spoke to soon. Literally 1 second after taking the picture fsx hung and I had to stop it. All I saw on the event log was that fsx caused desktop windows manager to stop. Argh never ending headache! Earlier it was msvcr100.dll crash to desktop. Doing a full cleaning of the system to see if it helps.

Justin, my compliments to your setup, really nice sir! :)

23.png

Thanks, I hope to go with the jet max setup. I'm basically picking up the hardware first them the console. Throttle quadrant is shipping to me today! Very excited to finally have a full size 737 replica TQ. :)

Hi! Over on the majestic forum (sorry for mentioning the (other" developer) there's talk of their plane affecting the other aircrafts in fsx after its installation.

I would have a look and maybe fly a set scenario, uninstall the q400 and repeating the same set scenario to try troubleshoot this issue.

Just my 2c

I've had the Q400 since release day and haven't seen anything like this at all. Not sure how that would even be possible - they're two different aircraft and the Q400 isn't running any kind of module that stays resident in memory when it's not the active airplane - it's just a gauge.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com