Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Paint problem

Hi Guys have all ready started this one would have been done but having a problem with night texture while using a shine file as I do like a nice reflection so when the lights are on at dawn and dusk the shine disappears in the tail area and part of the nacelles and I need to figure this out and will not release it until I can figure it out, if anyone can help with this problem would appreciate it, thank you.

21e9bag.jpg

Rich Sennett

Here is a screenshot of my problem happening on all of the factory paints one file was revised a shine.bmp thinking one more need to be changed any help would be great

2cfzeoj.jpg

Rich Sennett

i used the env map from the a2a p51d "Env.dds" (renamed q400_shine.dds) and it gives the q400 a nice shine.

original

p51d env map

the shine looked okay at dusk.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Thanks but thats not working not much different - take care.

Rich Sennett

Hi Guys have all ready started this one would have been done but having a problem with night texture while using a shine file as I do like a nice reflection so when the lights are on at dawn and dusk the shine disappears in the tail area and part of the nacelles and I need to figure this out and will not release it until I can figure it out, if anyone can help with this problem would appreciate it, thank you.

21e9bag.jpg

Rich

go to...mjc8q400/Texture.common And look at "q400lights" and "q400lights_ns"

The ""q400lights_ns" is missing the alpha? wonder if that is what is causing the light problem? no alpha could be the cause?

Let me know.

Hi Jeff that did not work thanks anyway

Yep...same here. Kind of strange though, it only seems to be a certain time frame that the lights don't show up?

Edit...

Rich

Have you said anything to in the Majestic forum's yet?

Thanks for the info Ark  :) thought I was going crazy Yes I posted but no support there to bad

Rich Sennett

Here is a screenshot of my problem happening on all of the factory paints one file was revised a shine.bmp thinking one more need to be changed any help would be great

2cfzeoj.jpg

This is a model bug. It will be corrected (more or less) in the service pack

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

This is great news Sir thank you thought I was going crazy good show

Rich Sennett

This is a model bug. It will be corrected (more or less) in the service pack

Get the "Raid" bug spray....Stinkin' bugs....

Thanks for heads up.

As I have to pay the bills can anyone confirm if this texturing issue has been taken care of in the latest release thank you.

Rich Sennett