Sign in to follow this  
jkon

Heading indicator issues?!?!

Anyone ever had any issues with their heading indicators (pri and stby) as well as the gps showing about 180 degrees off on the ground, and constantly fluctuating in air? Taking off on KMIA Rwy 9 shows a heading of 276 centerline and in the air IFR to Cleveland the GPS and heading indicator fluctuate between 150 and 360, causing autopilot at cruising altitude to go nuts.

I've used the keyboard for calibrating the compass but nothing changed.  Ive even tried uninstalling and reinstalling FS9.  Same issue.  The only things I've changed is I've recently installed ImagineSim's KDEN (I doubt this is the issue), as well as, playing around with the ProjectOpensky 737-900 model and finally installing the PMDG 737NG package.  Is there something in the aircraft.cfg for the PMDG that could be causing this?  Even so I've deleted the installation completely, tried flying the default C172 and had no change in the heading malfunctions.  The failures are currently turned off as well.

I had this before after installing a freeware scenery. I would de activate addon sceneries to narrow down the culprit.

Peter

Peter Schluter

I agree with Peter. But there should be an easier way to solve it.

Seek out the original magdec.bgl file and copy it into a new scenery directory structure - position this in the Scenery Library to load last and it will over-ride any files that (wrongly) modify it.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Thanks guys. I've narrowed it down to my Anchorage freeware from FRF. As soon as I deactivated it and restarted, Rwy 9 in MIA showed a heading of 092. Thanks again!

To prevent this, I have a folder that I keep the magdec.bgl file in, that is always the last folder on the scenery.cfg list. (Well, second last actually as AES has to always be the last. But you get the idea.) No matter what addons I install, I always number those last two folders so they are the last to load as John said above...