Sign in to follow this  
hangar

Calling All Payware Plane Developers :-)

I've been wondering about this for maybe 6 or 7 years now so I have to ask because I'm a bit baffled. Why, after so many FSX years gone by, do we not have any super high quality GA jets yet?

It seem that when it comes to GA single and twin props there is a relative plethora to choose from, with many being of very high caliber in quality. Yet, when it comes to really high quality GA JETS the only game in town has been the CitationX from Eaglesoft and the Cessna Mustang from Flight1, both of which are sorely in need of some modeling and systems upgrading at this point.

Seems every month there is a new high end commercial jet on offer, but nothing new for GA jets at all. Come on guys....give us a new Mustang, or Phenom, or Beechjet...or whatever....just make it PMDG worthy PLEASE!

I guess there's no market for it...but I'd really love to see something with Carenado style graphics, PMDG style systems, and while you're at it might as well throw in some Rob Young from RealAir too!

...ah well...maybe one day when im dead & buried, heh. :P

Why would anyone make something if there is no market for it besides you?

Well, I don't think it's just the OP %5Burl= but yes I think the point is fair;   Devs have always said that the 'corporate jet' market within the hobby sits behind Airliner, GA Prop, and Military (so 4th position in a small total market) ...... the lead times and development overheads involved in creating PMDG-esque products, for what would be such a small market, probably make the projects financially unviable.

But where there is a limited market, there is also vast opportunity, as Eaglesoft proved, as the only mainstream developer of a corporate jet range.    Just a shame that their activity has been so quiet for quite a few years now.    Hopefully they'll be back in the future with a major new Corporate Jet project!

Actually our in progress Citation XLS for FSX only is intended to fit this bill along with a possible revision to the excellent CX 2.0 and Citation CJ1+ 2.0 but folks have to understand these things can't be spit out on short lead times so patience is the watchword.

There are also a few new projects on the boards but we can't say more at this time. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Actually our in progress Citation XLS for FSX only is intended to fit this bill along with a possible revision to the excellent CX 2.0 and Citation CJ1+ 2.0 but folks have to understand these things can't be spit out on short lead times so patience is the watchword.

There are also a few new projects on the boards but we can't say more at this time. B)

Good choice on the XLS! Looking forward to it

Count me in as a customer for a high-quality business jet. Gosh Jim, that makes 2. Profits are up 100%.

Preachin' to the choir here!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Preachin' to the choir here!

+1

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I think if I had something to say to the payware plane developers it would be, whatever you make (and I think Ryan makes a point):

• Make it as complete as possible.  We should be able to fly the checklist.
  • Speeds, power settings should all be right
  • VC has to be high quality
  • Make buttons and switches consistent

I have a bunch of airplanes...some are hangared but some I keep flying.  I go back to the ones that are complete and I'd easily pay for Version 2 on any of them.  More complete is more interesting than another mediocre airplane.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Why does the Xtreme prototype Lear package get left out of these conversations?

oh yeah, I know why. Like the real ones, it has no FMC so you have to actually fly it.

It isn't perfect, but it is pretty good.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

oh yeah, I know why. Like the real ones, it has no FMC so you have to actually fly it.

regards,

Joe

IMO.That things terrible and not just because it doesn't have advanced avionics.

regards,

Joe

I like it. Has personality.

I wish that you could put the RXP or ISG fms in the virtual cockpit.

That it have an option to have no gps at all

Lee

The reason we don't see more is there is no making you lot (me included) happy, so why waste the time LOL. heck read the OPs original statement, he isn't asking for much, just everything AND the kitchen sink in a model.

I'd like to see more biz jets myself. hard to believe that they are not as popular as airliners of which I have no interest in (NGX who??). there are certain criteria for me on addon aircraft, one is performance, I have my sim where it needs to be and will not turn down settings to accommodate a FPS hungry, unoptimized model, no matter how good it is (which is why I never got the Mustang, way to many reports on bad performance). Second is graphics, if it doesn't immerse me in reality in the VC graphically, I'll pass. Third is systems, it can have all the bells and whistles it wants, but if there is no quick start where I can just get in and fly, I'll pass also.

I still want a Gulfstream, might actually have to make one myself. I can do the modeling, texturing and animations, but have no clue on anything else.

Best, Michael

KDFW

The reason we don't see more is there is no making you lot (me included) happy, so why waste the time LOL. heck read the OPs original statement, he isn't asking for much, just everything AND the kitchen sink in a model.

I thought that's why we kept buying airplanes despite having 10 in our hangar.  LOL.

I still want a Gulfstream

+1 Gulfstream.  All you need is a systems guy and Bernt Stolle and you're on your way.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Go for something new and innovative.  

HondaJet !!!!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere