Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Fs global real weather and Opus

Hmm, glad I saw this thread. Didn't even know about this program. Well test it out tomorrow. A anyone with a link to their website?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

You can get FSGRW from

http://www.fly2pilots.com/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=253b8b5c-0a91-4935-8d01-b3c70aee6034&pageid=b769000e-6101-4815-9eea-b19eeedde129

With the trial version you can download current or historical weather of your choice.

What impressed me much in comparison to REX was the unspectacular, but realistic stratus cloudscape that was spot on to what I saw out of the window. Other weather engines tend to show mostly cumuli, even in winter or rainy overcast conditions.

The attached images show: the reality, FSX's own "real weather" and FSGRW's real weather. The red sunset lighting and low contrast cloud textures are not FSGRW's fault, and visibilty, cloud type and coverage are quite spot on. The only issue that I still have is FSX's buggy handling of visibility layers: viewing down from FL10 (where you have 20 mi vis) is a real pain as the density of stratus cloud textures is still insufficcient to cover the ground, where the visibility was at 3 mi. To help with this, someone probably would have to alter the cloud art files for stratus clouds...

I tried it at first thought it was pretty nice, thought it was much better on fps in the rain than opus tried both same place same time - nice storm in the states - opus was struggling dont know why ?

but heres the bad I went to night time and the graphics were a grey mess no idea what that's all about looks like this product has a ways to go.

Rich Sennett

but heres the bad I went to night time and the graphics were a grey mess no idea what that's all about looks like this product has a ways to go.

I didn't get any issues at night, looks great on my system.

I tought I would stick to Opus and was quite happy with that until this came along. Wow, I love this new weather engine especially the "local weather effects". Did some tests at Madeira with real weather and was lucky to have the wind from north east so I could check out the effects, and damn, awsome stuff, the landing was a real challenge. Afterwards I tried the same landing with Opus and it was just dull compared to FSGRW. Right now there isnt to many airports with "local weather effects" but im sure the list will continue to grow.

I tried it at first thought it was pretty nice, thought it was much better on fps in the rain than opus tried both same place same time - nice storm in the states - opus was struggling dont know why ?

Graphics have nothing to do with weather programs - check your installed weather themes/clouds.....

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Chris I know that but for some reason FSG was a problem used both within minutes of each other opus looked fine FSG had some serious issues, the demo is very hard to figure out if I want it not enough allowance to figure that out.

Rich Sennett

Chris I know that but for some reason FSG was a problem used both within minutes of each other opus looked fine FSG had some serious issues, the demo is very hard to figure out if I want it not enough allowance to figure that out.

Hi Richard!

If you need more evaluation time with FSGRW, please contact support at fsgrw@fly2pilots.com and we will give you another evaluation period :).

The issue with the night textures seems very strange to me, since FSGRW can't change cloud and / or sky textures in any way. However, you can send your log file (log.xml within the log-subfolder of FSGRW) to fsgrw@fly2pilots.com and I'll have a look.

Bernd

Will do because I am very interested in buying this program as the fps was amazing, thank you.

PM Sent - thanks.

Rich Sennett

You have 8 uses. Use the same download weather file snd try lots of different areas 7 times. I think this trial option is ver good.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am onboard, it will be my fourth wx-engine too :)

Can I run FSGW on my networked laptop as I presently do with AS2012?

23.png

Thought I would show a screenshot of FSGW picked some rain real weather over Buffalo NY, thanks for looking

awz0a9.jpg

Rich Sennett

Thought I would show a screenshot of FSGW picked some rain real weather over Buffalo NY, thanks for looking

awz0a9.jpg

Beautiful shot, thanks for sharing!

How do you think FSGW compares to Opus depicting overcast conditions?

Richard Åsberg