Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Fs global real weather and Opus

I don't like fsgw for two reasons. When I download static wx it changes within 5 mins especially wind direction. When I'm on dynamic wx whenever I open a menu like save flight there's this warning and then I can't get back into the sim and have to end the fsx from the taskbar. A bit frustrating after a flight right before landing. This is off my drive, what a waste.

I don't like fsgw for two reasons. When I download static wx it changes within 5 mins especially wind direction. When I'm on dynamic wx whenever I open a menu like save flight it comes with a warning and then I can't get back into the sim. A bit frustrating after a flight right before landing. This is off my drive, what a waste.

That's unfortunate, have you contacted the developer? I use static weather to test out aeroplanes and settings, it works really well.

When I download static wx it changes within 5 mins especially wind direction

By how much? Were the winds reported as variable or gusting?

The wind direction in FSGRW is not static by design (IIRC). You have to disable "natural wind movement" if you want to have something similar to other weather engines.

jpuustinen, Sorry my friend  I was informed by Tom an Avsim staff member that I will not be allowed to post my screenshots if they show REX textures and weather.  If you would like to continue this conversation, I would be more than happy to do that or if anyone needs any help setting up REX to perform properly we can continue this on the REX Facebook page or on my personal FB page Link = FSX - Flight Sim Addict   Just search on FB you will find it.

Thanks Gents!

I'm a REX weather engine user also, but those injections either freeze my flight or put my FPS in the toilet.   If that could be solved then I would be a happy camper.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Okay, thanks. I'll check that. It's just with FSX every Windows setup reacts a little different. Somehow it's hard to switch tasks and get back to FSX when in full screen mode. I just have to find my own workaround. Weather depiction is nice. I haven't had the violent wind changes at cruise, which to me is a great improvement.

After a lot of software updates for each, how do the two engines compare now?

I'm a REX weather engine user also, but those injections either freeze my flight or put my FPS in the toilet.   If that could be solved then I would be a happy camper.

Ernie

Ernie, change to the Standard mode instead of the WX Plus engine and set your initial load delay time in the config between 2 - 5 minutes this will stop the freezing and the weather injection every two minutes.

tRcyI.png

Read through the whole thread and am liking the sound of this weather engine will download the demo tonight.

I'm mainly interested in how it deals with turbulence on the aircraft. I find Opus FSX turbulence generation unrealistic and the user interface bloated with features I don't need.

It's a pity because the Opus FSX weather depiction is very realistic but their way of generating turbulence is not IMHO. If they'd left out the cameras and just concentrated on the weather I'd probably still use it.

I'll report back once I've tried the demo.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

You're not the first one and I think you'll like FSGRW a lot! I haven't looked back since I moved on to FSGRW.

You should also know HiFi is about to release ASN (Active Sky NEXT) which I've been beta testing and I'm very impressed so far.

Richard Åsberg