I'm in a Catch22 situation. I recently upgraded my PC with a new mobo, CPU & memory. Everything is fine except when I came to re-install AS2012 I came up against a virtual brick wall.

My first ActiveSky product was ASv6.5 which I purchased but I have since lost the licence key.

I have proof of purchase of an upgrade from ASv6.5 to ASA which got me, as I recall, a free upgrade to ASE. Having ASE I was able to purchase AS2012 at a discount but the licence key for that transaction has also been lost.

At one point I was having trouble with my AS2012 key and Jim Skorna came to the rescue, providing me with a new key.

Now when I try to install AS2012, whichever of the two keys I use I am told that "this is only an upgrade key" and AS crashes out.

I tried to get on to the HiFiTechnics forum but it wouldn't let me register. It didn't like the order number I entered or the products I was saying I had bought - something anyway that prevented me posting there and raising this issue directly with them.

If I could re-install ASv6.5 I could probably use my upgrade key with AS2012 but I can't. It is so annoying to know that I have purchased software which I am now unable to use.

Iain Smith                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Iain, you could try to PM Damian Clark it seems that he's not been at this forum since March 25.  I will post a message at the HiFi forum asking him to have a look at your post here.

\Robert Hamlich/

Iain, I posted at the Hifi forum asking if Damian could help you.  Best of luck.

\Robert Hamlich/

Now when I try to install AS2012, whichever of the two keys I use I am told that "this is only an upgrade key" and AS crashes out.

This is a question that's been on my mind recently as well. I first bought ASE and then received a new key when I did the "Active Sky 2012 - Pre-Release for ASE Users Only."

Lately  I've been doing some serious clean-up of my boot drive and thought about uninstalling ASE -- but I decided against it because I wondered if I'd need it installed in case I had to reinstall AS2012.

It would be good to have some clarity about exactly how to reinstall AS2012 if you upgraded to AS2012 from an earlier HiFi product. Would the key I received when I upgraded from ASE to AS2012 enable me to reinstall AS2012 directly without having to first install ASE?

I just submitted a support ticket with this question to HiFi. If you can get access to the official HiFi support system it might be a good idea for you to try that too.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Thanks Jev,  I'll see if I can do that.

Iain

Iain, I posted at the Hifi forum asking if Damian could help you.  Best of luck.

Thank you Robert - very kind of you. I'll keep you all posted.

Iain

I'm in a Catch22 situation. I recently upgraded my PC with a new mobo, CPU & memory. Everything is fine except when I came to re-install AS2012 I came up against a virtual brick wall.

My first ActiveSky product was ASv6.5 which I purchased but I have since lost the licence key.

I have proof of purchase of an upgrade from ASv6.5 to ASA which got me, as I recall, a free upgrade to ASE. Having ASE I was able to purchase AS2012 at a discount but the licence key for that transaction has also been lost.

At one point I was having trouble with my AS2012 key and Jim Skorna came to the rescue, providing me with a new key.

I tried to get on to the HiFiTechnics forum but it wouldn't let me register. It didn't like the order number I entered or the products I was saying I had bought - something anyway that prevented me posting there and raising this issue directly with them.

If I could re-install ASv6.5 I could probably use my upgrade key with AS2012 but I can't. It is so annoying to know that I have purchased software which I am now unable to use.

Iain Smith

Hi Iain.

Please submit a support ticket on this.

http://support.hifitechinc.com/

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Thanks Dave. I'm a little red faced at present as I found by trawling back through some old e-mails that over a year ago I had registered on the support site but not noted it down. My apologies.

So I have now submitted a ticket.

Thanks also to Robert and Jev for their helpful responses.

Iain

LOL. Over here we call that - a senior moment - Iain.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I just submitted a support ticket with this question to HiFi. If you can get access to the official HiFi support system it might be a good idea for you to try that too.

Glad you got it sorted, Iain. HiFi support (Dave Opper) got back to me almost immediately with the information I needed to be able to do a full install of AS2012 without ASE present on the drive. Great customer service.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration