Sign in to follow this  
Rayan giggs

More realistic ATC rather than the standard.

The user manual didn't have any specific instructions on how to do it. I assumed it meant run through the steps to compile the flight plan again so I did that again, no joy   :(

PS - Sorry, I'm pretty useless when it comes to troubleshooting FSX and add-on stuff that don't work...

I'm at work so I don't have PFE in front of me. There are a couple of pages that you can open from the user interface. One of those pages has a button at the bottom that will run you through the steps to rebuild your PFE database.

NAX669.png

I've used them all.

They all have their pros and cons.

However for my tastes I prefer ProATC X with atc chatter.

Cheers

My feelings exactly.

RC4 is rude, and when I listen to real ATC, they may sometimes be a little sarcastic, but never rude or harsh.  That is why I quit using RC4 altogether.

If RC4 tells you to change altitude, it don't even give you time to dial in the new altitude before it starts getting rude. That, to me, is very unrealistic.

I have to agree that online is going to be the best, hands down, but ProATC is the most enjoyable offline ATC.

Online is my next step.

Much appreciated if you can provide me with some instructions, Mike. Thanks muchly in advance. AVSIM to the rescue again   :good:

I am at work but I will try my best. Select option 1 from the main interface and then rebuild database. Then it will give a link to makerunways.exe, if you have it, skip the download step and go to step2 and run it from FSX root folder.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Options #1 on the PFE opening screen, Red - just select "Rebuild PFE Database", with full instructions including pics on page 40 of the "ProFlight 2000 Emulator.pdf".

You can get the latest version of MakeRunways.exe" here.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for your help, guys! I'll try it tomorrow, it's 10:45pm here in West Oz.

Will report back then!

Run makerwys.exe first then load PFe and then follow rebuild database instructions. You'll have to do this each and every time you load a new airport or you make changes to airports rwys and taxiways yourself.

Thanks for your help, guys! I'll try it tomorrow, it's 10:45pm here in West Oz.

Will report back then!

The process is in the form of a checklist, so it's pretty self explanatory when you do it.

1. Did you download the latest Makerunways

2. Did you install it

3. Is it in your default FS folder (FS2004 or FSX)

4. Manually run Makerunways

5. Press to rebuild PFE Database

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That's the one. Also remember what we said up thread about ai usage. Rather than fart about with closing runways at this stage, I'd turn off your ai so that you can be ready for either runway at the arrival end, and specify a runway for departure in the dep/arr page so you can brief and depart on the right SID. Also I turn off the taxi feature as it gives you spurious directions and annoys me. I just pull out a chart and follow the directions given by ground when I'm ready to taxi. In the real world there's no pointer thing showing you the way to go. You read the chart and look at the taxiway markings.

One other thing, use the co pilot mode to handle all coms once you're ready for taxi. After that you can concentrate on flying, as in the real world. Oh yes, one last thing, it should auto detect you at the holding point and tell you to contact tower if you have co pilot mode in handle all coms but often the detect point is well beyond the hold short line. If this happens tune to tower manually and there's a keyboard command to ask for takeoff clearance. I can't remember it now but some kind soul will post it I'm sure.

Well this has been a timely subject for me. I was on the verge of purchasing PFE but became distracted with real world issues. Getting back to things, I am now more inclined to go with PRO ATC/X - reading about the latest release has abated my fears of a stable product - and while there are issues it seems to me that all the ATC programmes have clear differences and issues with users.

My own personal experience is that I purchase an earlier version of Radar Contact (FS2004) 5 or 6 years ago. Never seriously go into it - but I could see the potential - I just felt the whole process was too fiddly. Given my interest has migrated away from boot up and fly to following flight plans and real weather - it underscores the need for a more professional ATC experience.

But this also brings up another point. I am currently enjoying the Q400 from Majestic. I do have the Coolsky DC9 as well as the NGX. I note in each case that other external add-ons need to be modified to work with them successfully. (I am thinking of the brilliant little program FSCaptain for example). (Still waiting for someone to get it working with the DC9 and the Q400 as I have so far been unable to get it working without causing issues). As well, FSDreamteam GSX airport has yet to be configured to work properly with both the DC9 and the Q400. (and please don't say it is easy you can do it - I am hoping someone else can do it and share their experience).  - But these external programs all add a memory footprint. I run Win 7 64 bit so theoretically this shouldn't be an issue - so anyone using PRO ATC/X or PFE - are you having memory issues running this. Does it try to run under the 3.5 Gig memory limit of a 32bit program?

Hello friend.

I hop everyone is good.

Guys, i need to change my fsx atc to be realistic and bring my flight to more and more realistic.

Whats the good program available, whats the good choice to me ?.

A good way to get real atc is to get on liveatc.net and listen to center or app control. That's what I use

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

My own personal experience is that I purchase an earlier version of Radar Contact (FS2004) 5 or 6 years ago. Never seriously go into it - but I could see the potential - I just felt the whole process was too fiddly.

Ray, What speficically was too fiddly? You have to have correct airport and runway data for any ATC program if you want things to work properly.

Given my interest has migrated away from boot up and fly to following flight plans and real weather - it underscores the need for a more professional ATC experience.

If you want the benefits of a more professional ATC experience I'm not sure why you're considering PFE and ProATCX but have dismissed RC4 without really giving it a chance.

RC4 procedures were validated by real-world US and British air traffic controllers. Isn't that professional enough? If you still have RC4 (assuming that is the version you're referring to) then why not give it a try. You've already paid for it. What do you have to lose?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

OK, I've managed to rebuild the database now, thanks for the info guys!  :good:

Will test PFE with FSX later, other priorities beckon at the moment...

Ray, What speficically was too fiddly? You have to have correct airport and runway data for any ATC program if you want things to work properly.

If you want the benefits of a more professional ATC experience I'm not sure why you're considering PFE and ProATCX but have dismissed RC4 without really giving it a chance.

RC4 procedures were validated by real-world US and British air traffic controllers. Isn't that professional enough? If you still have RC4 (assuming that is the version you're referring to) then why not give it a try. You've already paid for it. What do you have to lose?

When ATC gives you altitude clearances, you have more than five or ten seconds to start complying, before they start chewing you out and threatening to turn you in to the authorities.  That's not what I call realistic.

In real life, ATC tries to be very helpful.  RC4 makes you feel like you have a prison camp guard on the other end for ATC.  I have it, but quit using it because it doesn't give an enjoyable experience.