Sign in to follow this  
Rayan giggs

More realistic ATC rather than the standard.

if you deviate from the sid/star you will get vectors to put you back on it. like the others it will eventually vector you off the star for approach but it seems to do it at a reasonable place usually at 10-20nm out.

That's pretty much where PFE does it too! How soon though does it assign the arrival runway? One of the few things I don't like about PFE, is it doesn't assign a runway until this point. While that may be realistic (or not) not having a copilot, makes setting up for the approach kind of a rush job! Even then it may change runway's on you closer than that!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I've watched a few videos with VOXATC, and it does sound good. Reading the documentation though, it seems it's missing a couple of features, that PFE and/or RC has, one in particular that I use when I fly over the Atlantic or Pacific. That is Oceanic SELCAL positioning reports. It makes me feel I'm being watched over as I cross the abiss :lol: It also doesn't seem to support emergency calls, or am I'm missing something. To me, this feature is a little less important, but in conjunction with FS2Crew Emergency! product for the NGX would add to the experience. As for voice interaction, both RC and PFE can achieve this very well with Multi-Crew-Experience (MCE). I know it's an extra expense, unless you have it already (Which I do.) but it does the job, plus gives you copilot/checklist capability. Except for the aircraft FS2Crew handles, I highly recommend MCE whether or not used with RC/PFE. Unfortunately I can't use it in my videos, because my video capture software (GameCam- used for performance) doesn't support multiple audio sources. One other feature of PFE that sets it apart from the others, is if you want to fly without AI, while the other ATC programs use canned chatter that has nothing to do with he flight you are on or it's location to supplement the programs own user ATC, PFE will actually simulate a session based on your flightplan and your origin and destination. I do agree though with the benefits of using up to date AIRAC data. I haven't had an issue with PFE's older data set yet though!

1:Emergencies

You can declare an emergency any time that you are airborne. An emergency call has the following format:

mayday mayday mayday <call sign> <emergency type> <request>

This version of VoxATC has five types of emergency currently defined, these are:

engine failure

fuel low

hydraulic failure

avionics failure

passenger critically ill

You can make any standard request, but will most frequently want vectors to the nearest suitable airport.

Example:

mayday mayday mayday cessna one one five one delta avionics failure request

vectors to nearest airport

cessna one one five one delta cleared to

Kansas City Downtown fly heading zero seven five

descend and maintain five thousand

2:

Traffic Density

VoxATC Setting Dialog:

ATC Callsign ...

Traffic Density % Slider to Choose

0 ...... 50 ........100

3:News

17 May 2013 Version 6.20 Released

The following issues are .. fixed

Occasionally not getting landing clearances.

Fatal error occurring on landing after an emergency.

Problems with making contact while enroute and when arriving during VFR flight.

Taxiing aircraft disappearing when approached by the user's aircraft

No response from the controller when using VoxATC without a flight plan (local flight) or when flying a helicopter.

6.20 is a free upgrade for all registered V6 users. Any existing version of VoxATC X should be uninstalled before installing 6.

VoxATC is by FAR the most realistic experience I've had with ATC interaction in a simulated environment.     

+++1

That's pretty much where PFE does it too! How soon though does it assign the arrival runway? One of the few things I don't like about PFE, is it doesn't assign a runway until this point. While that may be realistic (or not) not having a copilot, makes setting up for the approach kind of a rush job! Even then it may change runway's on you closer than that!!

All you have to do in PFE is to change the FAF distance (in the PF2000 module). I increased it to 15dme

Thus I'm told in good time what rwy to expect.

ately i've been using voxATC for similar reasons as others, i wanted more specific STAR support mainly.

setting up and flying seems 10x easier than PFE, there's no preflight stuff, if your flight plan ends on a transition it will pick a star based on that and the active runway. and it already has a library of sids/stars defined, i dunno where it gets that from but it works reasonably well and seems fairly complete.

if you deviate from the sid/star you will get vectors to put you back on it. like the others it will eventually vector you off the star for approach but it seems to do it at a reasonable place usually at 10-20nm out.

It sure does, and this is among the many reasons I love it.    :)

hmm, i'd have to do a flight to say for sure, but i think that's where you get the runway assignment also. usually seems like plenty of time though.

cheers

-andy crosby

hmm, i'd have to do a flight to say for sure, but i think that's where you get the runway assignment also. usually seems like plenty of time though.

cheers

-andy crosby

I just tried @vololiberista suggestion (Thanks BTW) and the PF2000 module indicated the FAF distance was set to 7nm, I changed it to the max 20nm, so I'll try that out. It should be better!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Well, I decided to download VOXATC to give it a try.  Tried the tutorial flight but I guess I don't have whatever Cessna it wants so that doesn't work.  Switched to another flight and it wants me to stay on Ground and won't let me depart.  Probably waiting for some event or something.  I'm sitting right next to the runway and called tower.  "Unable at this time.'  The obvious frequently isn't obvious to software.  Also, it's using my speakers for voice instead of my headset.  *Sigh.*  I'm sure there's ways to make it all work but I'm just not ready to deal with it.  I uninstalled it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM