Sign in to follow this  
Rayan giggs

More realistic ATC rather than the standard.

Hello friend.

I hop everyone is good.

Guys, i need to change my fsx atc to be realistic and bring my flight to more and more realistic.

Whats the good program available, whats the good choice to me ?.

The most realistic ATC would be from the on line ATC networks such as VATSIM and IVAO where you deal with live with real people.

I wonder what's the best ATC program, other than VATSIM and IVAO which I really don't feel like using just yet at least? I've heard about ProATC, however as far as I know there are some other ones out there too and I have no idea which one I should get.

So far I've just largely ignored ATC, I've just requested takeoff and landing clearances & taxi. 

Nothing is yet even close to live.  There's also PilotEdge if you fly in the Southeast but you have to pay for that but they're on all the time, offer training (free) and are a professional group of guys.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I can highly recommend VoxATC, I've been using it for years.

I have been using Pro Flight Emulator (PFE) together with FDC Live Cockpit (FDC) for a number of years now and I can highly recommend them. PFE replaces the default ATC and includes many voice sets with different English accents, taxi guidance system both verbal and visual and many other improvements. FDC acts as a copilot, performing checklists ext. also has cabin crew announcements, again with different accents. You can buy them individualy or together. They have been tweaked to work together.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Radar Contact has been in the community for years.  It was co-devloped by a real world FAA Controller.  There are many aspects of ATC that most in the community don't even have the vagust understanding of the "tons" of rules.  Yes there are things that we want the next version of Radar Contact to use such as STAR and SID reconition.  But for the present, NO program comes as close to real world ATC than Radar Contact.  I use it on EVERY flight. 

Yes we have promised that we are working on the next version and that has been a very long promise, but it is coming.  This is one aspect of the flight sim community that I don't understand.  When someing is working and is correct, why do people still look for somehting else.

Bob

everyone's just going to push their own Atc programs and there are a dozens of threads already and if you Google you wont have to wait for responses.

The best thing you can do however is download a free trial as some of them do have them and the ones that dont should be treated with caution

ZORAN

IFR flying : Radar contact because it adds immersion and it has the pre recorded ATC option . personally i increased voice speeds  in the option menu to sound better.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

I use PFE. I like it because the voices are not robotic as in other programmes! There are many different accents both for your AI pilots and ATC. The Ryanair AI pilots clearly have been at the Guiness and have a very strong Irish accent! My favourite is a very "dishy" female who I hear piloting Singapore AI a/c!

Also if you want to or need to deviate from your ATC instructions PFE lets you.

How do these ATC addons handle AI aircraft?  I have had some unusal experiences with the default ATC.  Using my REX addon and Flightaware with winds 190/10 FSX ATIS says, "...runway 23 in use," and then I contact tower about 20 miles out and tower says "...make left downwind runway 5."   If I continue runway 23 anyway I have AI aircraft coming towards me when landing!!  :O I have had to turn AI traffic off or my "passengers" get upset and don't ask me to reprogram my FMC with another STAR at the last minute! :lol:

Any thoughts?

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

How do these ATC addons handle AI aircraft?  I have had some unusal experiences with the default ATC.  Using my REX addon and Flightaware with winds 190/10 FSX ATIS says, "...runway 23 in use," and then I contact tower about 20 miles out and tower says "...make left downwind runway 5."   If I continue runway 23 anyway I have AI aircraft coming towards me when landing!!  :O I have had to turn AI traffic off or my "passengers" get upset and don't ask me to reprogram my FMC with another STAR at the last minute! :lol:

Any thoughts?

Airbus

After REX loads you need to refresh the AI Traffic system.

Radar Contact has been in the community for years.  It was co-devloped by a real world FAA Controller.  There are many aspects of ATC that most in the community don't even have the vagust understanding of the "tons" of rules.  Yes there are things that we want the next version of Radar Contact to use such as STAR and SID reconition.  But for the present, NO program comes as close to real world ATC than Radar Contact.  I use it on EVERY flight. 

Yes we have promised that we are working on the next version and that has been a very long promise, but it is coming.  This is one aspect of the flight sim community that I don't understand.  When someing is working and is correct, why do people still look for somehting else.

Bob

I thought the developer took leave of absence for a year or so? With no updates about v5 for months before he even took leave of absence.. People will look for other software with more features. By the time RC v5 is released it will be left in the dust by others that are constantly working and improving their software.

Kacper Nowotynski