Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Something wrong with my 737NGX

My 737 does not go faster than 196kts

Not sure what the issue is.. I have had this problem for a while now. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

My MCP is set for 250kts and the a/T is on.. my throttle setting is to all the way. but it simply refuses to go faster than 196kts. The fuel is 52%

8708611002_b6d69b132e_k.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

What's your Cost Index set to?

Did you try the tutorial flight again?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

What's your Cost Index set to?

Did you try the tutorial flight again?

I didn't set any cost index. :)

I just loaded the default state. Then set the fuel to 2/3rd and the the wt/load to around 55% or so ...set the MCP and went flying from KPHX to KLAS in the the general direction.

LOL :)

Manny

Did you retract gear and flaps?

Iain Smith

yes.. you can see that in the screenshot 

Manny

Another thing I can see in the screenshot is a negitave angle of attack for level flight. Something odd there.

(see below LEK767's post is probably what the problem is!)

From the PMDG knowledge base:

Aircraft does not want to climb or flies with negative AOA

A condition can occur where the FSUIPC4.ini becomes corrupted that will cause the PMDG 737NGX to climb as though it is lacking power or fly with a Negative AOA or attitude indicated on the PFD.  To correct the issue, simply delete the FSUIPC4.ini file from the FSX\Modules folder while FSX is shut down and allow it to regenerate and the problem should be corrected.  If you continue to have trouble after that, please contact us via the Support Portal for further assistance.

Article ID: 103, Created On: 12/9/2012, Modified: 1/17/2013

You have the Autobrakes set so this may affect your speed.  You only need the Autobrakes on RTO for takeoff and 1,2,3 for landing not during normal flight.  As soon as you have established a positive rate of climb, you can turn the Autobrakes to Off.

Mounty

I solved this by completely uninstalling fsuipc and reinstalling it. The deletion of the ini wasn't enough.

Also, uninstalled the new q400. Not sure if this did anything but I heard it was causing issues with other aircraft.

You have the Autobrakes set so this may affect your speed. You only need the Autobrakes on RTO for takeoff and 1,2,3 for landing not during normal flight. As soon as you have established a positive rate of climb, you can turn the Autobrakes to Off.

Mounty

This made me smile.

You have the Autobrakes set so this may affect your speed. You only need the Autobrakes on RTO for takeoff and 1,2,3 for landing not during normal flight. As soon as you have established a positive rate of climb, you can turn the Autobrakes to Off.

Mounty

What..?

23.png

What..?

He wants to say that, somehow, wheel brakes affect speed of aircraft in air. Well, if we ignore the fact that no brakes are applied, (autobrake system is just armed), and the fact that aircraft is in air, with no contact between ground and wheels, anything is possible.  :P

No, no, no!

You're all missing the obvious question: how does he do an autoland with the Pass Ox light on?!?

Matt Cee

From the PMDG knowledge base:

Thank you. I just uninstalled the FSUIPC completely. The only thing I have configured so many hardware that I would have to redo. right?

:)

Manny

I am still having this issue... My 737NGX has become a hangar queen cause I cannot fly it faster than 160kts. I tried removing FSUIPC.ini and regenerate but thats not doing it

I really want to make sure I get this fixed before the 777 arrives. I would hate myself if I install the 777 and I have these kinds of issues. :)

Manny