Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

RSR keynote at Avsim FANCON *NOW* !

I thought rsr was going to talk about something new regards the T7 that we've not known before?

hirdy

He did.. Its release is only weeks away (-; never intended to be anything indepth.

Was nice to tie a face to a person. Very nice , soft spoken and knowledgeable person. He's human.

If you thought he was going to give a release date, you thought wrong. I didnt expect it, but thats not to say im not disappointed   Interesting PMDG history nonetheless.  And clarifying what he meant that Microsoft ditching us all is the best thing yet. Now I understand. 

I still cant figure out if hes endorsing xplanes future use or he was talking about this other great mystery platform on the horizon. Very mirky still. Oh well. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Patients is the order of the day. It does seem that there is a lot of pent up expectation in the FS community. I don't think those expectations are going to be realized!!!! The best and only hope for forward momentum is the hardware on the horizon (Haswell etc)and only for those who are upgrading from 3 or 4 year old hardware this year and only for those who can afford it. We will see a massive leap forward no thanks to any software development.

I always wish PMDG could give a status update on their projects once a year in a format similar to the live presentation and Q&A session during last year's Aerosoft conference. I can sense they're trying to release an addon once a year because of their DC-6 and 747v2 projects. (I believe it's for financial reasons, IMO it looks good in PMDG's financial statements to have new products and fresh revenue coming in every year)

Robert: "For the 777, we're weeks away and that's all I'll say"

:yahoo:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

I'll believe it when I see it.  I think the NGX was "weeks" away for almsot a year. 

Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

I'll believe it when I see it.  I think the NGX was "weeks" away for almsot a year. 

Eric Szczesniak

Cool, but this isn't the NGX ;-P

Perhaps the server issues really screwed things up. We may have had it by now or very very close to it, but alot of time and resources went into getting that resolved. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Cool, but this isn't the NGX ;-P

But it's still PMDG.

I gave up on being optimistic regarding release dates a while ago, thanks to PMDG and PFPX.

Matheus Mafra

I gave up on being optimistic regarding release dates a while ago, thanks to PMDG and PFPX.

Haha, fair enough mate.

What are the cliff notes? I was at work so I missed his speech.

Robert: "For the 777, we're weeks away and that's all I'll say"

:yahoo: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh Luke, I didn't know you were excited for the T7...?

Oh Luke, I didn't know you were excited for the T7...?

Really? Damn - maybe I should make it more apparent?  B)

What are the cliff notes?

Apparently he talked about the history of FS and the 777 is weeks away.

Really? Damn - maybe I should make it more apparent?

Is that even possible?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Apparently he talked about the history of FS and the 777 is weeks away.

I don't really care about the 777 part since I know they wouldn't give much info, I wondered what he talked about in regards to FS, PMDG itself, etc.