Sign in to follow this  
froggy

Navigraph vs Aerosoft

This thread will most likely get moved, but, anyways..............

My AIRAC is due for an update, and I am looking at whether to stick with Navigraph, or to go to Aerosoft.

I fly pretty much anywhere, but stick to predominantly Regional South-west Australia (Thankyooooouuuuuuu Majestic.................................)

I have seen reviews that Asoft offers a greater range of airports in certain areas, but lacks some lesser known regions. I am concerned that, If I go for the Navdatapro, I will be stuck with an "airbus X extended" AIRAC that would lack some content.

Cheers in advance

Jarrad

I switched to NavData Pro when it came out. Back then Aerosoft was ahead of the competition, since Lufthansa Systems provided them with a much wider coverage of airports, procedures and waypoints than Navigraph with it's provider. Recently, though, Navigraph made improvements to their product and their numbers seem to be pretty close to Aerosoft's.

Another thing to take into consideration is that Navigraph's AIRAC cycles are cheaper, both the single cycle of the full year-round data.

Matheus Mafra

Aerosoft for me...not into credits, just give me a price.

Navigraph abandoned the credits method a few moths ago after a major renewal of the company.

Matheus Mafra

I am using Navigraph, they provide both FMS data and charts. They have changed their policy now so you can pay as you go.

23.png

"They have changed their policy now so you can pay as you go". .......That is good, I will check into it. Thanks

"They have changed their policy now so you can pay as you go". .......That is good, I will check into it. Thanks

Yup, I had a bunch of credits from a year back or so, last week they were all spent and I suddenly had to pay per charts. Personally I like credits best, it's a hassle to fire up Paypal everytime I need a chart ;)

23.png

Navigragh a plus for me. I can not comment nor put down Aerosoft b/c I haven't tried it.

Navigragh keeps you updated via email when the Updated Airacs are ready for download.

Online transactions is very simple with no hassle Once your account is linked with your bank.

They have fair priceing which makes you want to update every single cycle rather than sticking with superseeded one.

The only downfall so far for myself with Navigragh.

If they could only keep you updated via email if a certain Airac for a specific brand has a updated revision. Sometimes grabbing a new cycle might not be complete.

Cheers,

Ah, thanks Benz, now I see I can link to whatever payment method and it is automagic once again. Great!

23.png

Well, I bought a year sub to Navigraph. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Aerosoft NavData Pro as that uses the LIDO system which is what a lots of major airlines use.

Gavin Price

Aerosoft NavData Pro as that uses the LIDO system which is what a lots of major airlines use.

I've heard of this before, but wasn't sure of the advantage it provided?

I've heard of this before, but wasn't sure of the advantage it provided?

From my perspective, the advantage is that you have in your sim the very same data that real world pilots have available to them.

Matheus Mafra

I have only used Aerosoft NavData Pro so I can't make a statement if it is better than Navigraph or not, however I like the automatic cycle installer. 

Coming home, reading the mail that there is a new cycle available and then just opening the NavData software and waiting for about 30 seconds or so is pretty comfortable, at least for me.