Sign in to follow this  
LEAPWeaver

It ain't easy being green.

I have seen a few requests for this particular paint in the forums. So I thought I would super quick break from my norm of the General Aviation artwork and take a stab at my first airliner paint since 2007. 

Since this is my first airline paint in years I thought I would get all of my ducks in a row first, which meant logos, colors, and reference photos. Now since I normally work at HD resolutions, not many offerings were available for logos at that size, so I made my own. 

What you have below is roughly three hours of design work wrapped up into a nice little wall paper before the official previews start. 

So, be prepared, Shrek is on his way.

Wallpaper Resolution: 1920x1080

AcIoOwW.jpg

Nick Preston

I have seen a few requests for this particular paint in the forums. So I thought I would super quick break from my norm of the General Aviation artwork and take a stab at my first airliner paint since 2007. 

Since this is my first airline paint in years I thought I would get all of my ducks in a row first, which meant logos, colors, and reference photos. Now since I normally work at HD resolutions, not many offerings were available for logos at that size, so I made my own. 

What you have below is roughly three hours of design work wrapped up into a nice little wall paper before the official previews start. 

So, be prepared, Shrek is on his way.

Awesome Nick, looking forward to it. Hope this does not rob you of valuable time from the KA B200 :lol:

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Oh boy has this become one of my favorites.

Other than a few small details this one is finished!

Those of you with a keen eye will notice the very slight reflection of the words "comfortably greener" on the fuselage next to the engines.

I will be uploading this to AVSIM tonight and will alert everyone when it's available. 

MPrHlQ7.jpg

p9p27OJ.jpg

wGrcr4E.jpg

VhCYlPH.jpg

Nick Preston

Amazing. Looks very high quality  :good:

Nick Nick Nick stunner my Friend - thank you

Rich Sennett

The texture sizes for the Q400 are 2048x2048. The details are nice a crisp from a distance and up close.

Nick Preston

Folks,

I'm just doing some testing with this on the new update. 

I will be packaging this up and uploading to AVSIM in about an hour. 

I will also be including a modified environment shine effect to improve the gloss of the aircraft. 

I will chime in once everything is ready. 

Nick

Nick Preston

Nick,

Looking really good.  Thank you, will take her for a spin as soon as it is released.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Got it huge thanks Nick - yowser that next one is not going to be easy

Rich Sennett