Sign in to follow this  
EmileB

Recommended reading - what order (JS4100) ?

Thanks heaps guys !  I'll check out the YouTube and PMDG tutorials and in the meantime, continue working my way thru the AOM.  And I'll certainly look at FS2Crew in due course, too.   I won't mark a "Best Answer" : that'd be unfair since you've ALL been extremely helpful to this old fella :Applause:  !

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks heaps guys !  I'll check out the YouTube and PMDG tutorials and in the meantime, continue working my way thru the AOM.  And I'll certainly look at FS2Crew in due course, too.   I won't mark a "Best Answer" : that'd be unfair since you've ALL been extremely helpful to this old fella :Applause:  !

Here is the video tutorial, very good.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Here is the video tutorial, very good.

Hi Mike,

Thanks, I've found it and also the subsequent three tutorial videos made by Nick.  Looks great and will be most helpful.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

I would only watch tutorials that have been highly recommended. To many have procedure errors. Nice quality but not following any check lists.

Another that will take some practice is using the flaps. Flaps up to flaps 9 there is a big increase in lift. Be ready for it. Nose will want to come up. Same in reverse. The nose this time will drop when flaps are raised.

Like any other complex plane here don't rush though the different steps. It took me about 15 to 20 hours to feel good in this plane. Really a joy to fly and as they have said earlier flies great by hand.

I spent a weekend just starting and stopping to understand how not to melt the engines.

This is another "slow down, before go down" aircraft. Plan to pull the power a mile or two before you TOD.

Most think that just because it's a small tubroprop that it doesn't require the same level of detail to fly. They are wrong.

Hope this helps.

Most think that just because it's a small tubroprop that it doesn't require the same level of detail to fly. They are wrong.

Hope this helps.

Hi Steve, it certainly helps what you told me :good: .  I'll take my time !  That seems to be an underlying recommendation of just about all of the very helpful advice posted here the last few days.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

you can switch off engine meltdowns in configuration. This is useful when learning to actually get airborne in your first few flights, nothing more annoying than hearing fire eng1 fire eng 2 and have to start all over again.

ZORAN

you can switch off engine meltdowns in configuration. This is useful when learning to actually get airborne in your first few flights, nothing more annoying than hearing fire eng1 fire eng 2 and have to start all over again.

Thanks Zoran, I'll do that.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Thanks Zoran, I'll do that.

Personally, unless you are melting engines a lot, I wouldn't do this. Fire is most likely to occur at 1) start up or 2) climb out. Just watch the gauges. They even start blinking when you hit the critical temperature.

From an airmanship perspective, I would offer the alternative method of going down and slowing down: I go down first. So, if I'm at @230 at 16,000, I pull back the throttle and set up a descent. If using A/P, I might click "IAS" or "V/S" to make the descent stable. But, the catch is that I leave room at an intermediate altitude, say 2-5K above IAF altitude, to slow down. Different strokes for different folks.

Thanks Doug !  I'll check out that procedure once I finally find the time to get going properly with the J41.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.