Sign in to follow this  
joemorgan164

Fancon 2013 - what information was given?

I was unfortunate enough to miss the live stream of R.Randazzo's speach, so was wondering whether anybody could fill me in on whether any important information/ announcements were given.

Nope, nothing.No joke, apart from he mentioned getting more into Xplane.

777 will be " a few weeks away" they said. 

is that an exact direct quote of "A few" or was it "just weeks" or was it just "weeks"

I heard 357 weeks. Just torturing you. :)

Just decide to get it for Boxing Day and if it arrives sooner, hooray. Spend the interim trying to figure out what Boxing Day is.

Spend the interim trying to figure out what Boxing Day is.

Mohammed Ali's birthday?

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

is that an exact direct quote of "A few" or was it "just weeks" or was it just "weeks"

My mistake:

Direct quote something along the lines of "the 77 is weeks away".

He was not there to talk about the 777 he was there talking about the history of flight sim jeeeesss can people stop hanging on every breathe pmdg does its not the only thing out there enjoy flight simming it's self! Please!

He was not there to talk about the 777 he was there talking about the history of flight sim jeeeesss can people stop hanging on every breathe pmdg does its not the only thing out there enjoy flight simming it's self! Please!

So, you want us to do you a favor by not talking about the PMDG 777...in a PMDG forum...with one of their most anticipated products so close away and you don't bother to read the rules and sign your name? mmmm!

What was this "feature" or something "not known" about the 777 that we were promised?

I too am interested in this. If I remember correctly, didn't the last update from PMDG mention something about disclosing information about their 777 development that hadn't been disclosed already ? If not, continue browsing and accept my apology.

Honestly not sure where anyone got the impression he would give a release date. PMDG is known for their "Apple-like" stance on not disclosing release information about upcoming products until they're ready. He had mentioned in his speech that if he provided a release date, something would break and delay release.

Don't blame RSR, the same folks demanding release info would be the same to turn into a lynch mob on here over a delay.

So, you want us to do you a favor by not talking about the PMDG 777...in a PMDG forum...with one of their most anticipated products so close away and you don't bother to read the rules and sign your name? mmmm!
Sorry......post by Paul,I'm excited as the next guy, but i see it as if pmdg are on here making posts then there not working on the 777 which we all want them to continue on ( sorry if I offended)Paul

Honestly not sure where anyone got the impression he would give a release date. PMDG is known for their "Apple-like" stance on not disclosing release information about upcoming products until they're ready. He had mentioned in his speech that if he provided a release date, something would break and delay release.Don't blame RSR, the same folks demanding release info would be the same to turn into a lynch mob on here over a delay.
I agreePaul

Robert did say that, despite what Ryan said to him about issueing a release date, he was going to go ahead and do it anyway. He said this During the opening Speach.

He made comment of the interest in people wanting to know more about the T7. Speach was given, stories were told. Not a dicky bird about the T7.

:/

People were lead to believe something would be said (by what has been posted by said person in this here forum) - some people were up till 2/3 am in order to view the live stream. (BTW great work!)

Im in the middle of the road, on the white line, neither here nor there for me..

But from that its easy to understand why some people may feel disgruntled..

Theres a line between having a giggle with people (dont wanna say it but 'customers') and becoming disrespectfull ( taking the joke to far )

I think that line was crossed lastnight, as he gave his speach, and with knowing all the above, just walked off stage without word.

Its was still an interesting speach though.

Not a very tasty ending really with nothing to chew on.

Just how i, a person that looks at the bigger picture see's it...and not a bunch of whiners...