Sign in to follow this  
ceem

Light twin GA opinions & recommendations

Afternoon gents,

Thanks for all feedback and opinions.

I whittled down my choices to the Milviz 310 and the Carenado 337 & 340. I actually preferred the look inside and out of the Carenados (as a non real world flier and simply based on personal idiocyncracies!) but with the feedback here started swinging towards the MilViz. I don't think i'd really be disappointed with any of the products mentioned in this thread tbh.

However, something kept niggling in the back of my mind.

For years i've always been interested in the Flight1 FSX Pilatus PC-12 and whilst it isn't a twin (but has a rather powerful single) I really like the look of the cockpit.

Given that it's quite older compared to a lot of the newer HD stuff I wonder if anyone has it, or how it stacks up so many years after release.

I read the 2008 review on avsim (http://www.avsim.com/pages/0308/Pilatus/PC12.htm) and it confirms my suspicions that I would probably love it.

The only two things that make me hold back are whether it would work with Windows 7 x64 and the airspeed indicator being too dark to view when flying at night which would definetely annoy!

So, any Flight1 FSX Pilatus PC-12 owners want to share opinions on it?

Cheers

While I don't personally own the PC-12 a member of our VA does, and yes it is a little dated in some of it's functions and visuals but works perfectly well on W-7 64 bit computers.  I cannot speak to the airspeed indicator.  It seems, from what my member says, to be about as useful as the real deal.

A bargain twin to pick up--JustFlight's Duchess. I'd pick it up in addition to many of the excellent twins mentioned here. I just posted some screenshots of it the other day here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/407164-duchess-over-northern-montana/

I also posted a few small comments on the Duchess further down in that thread. The Duke and 337, which I also have, are both good choices. The Duke is great for getting somewhere in a hurry, and the 337 is great for its visibility from the cockpit, as well as the inline thrust.

Regards,

John

Edit:  I should add that the Duke is a better value vs. the 340, if you had to decide between the two.  Its interior and exterior visuals are just as good as the 340, and it has RealAir's flight dynamics.

The Duke (all versions) is absolutely top notch in my book

This.  The RealAir Dukes are incredible, especially their VCs.  In fact, anything from RealAir will knock your socks off.

There is really only one that is out there so far ...the Mt Everest of GA twins. ...every thing else is a distant second.

RealAir Turbine/Piston Duke. PERIOD! Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Milviz Baron

X2. It's been almost 40 years since I flew a U.S. Army T-42 (military version of the Baron) and the Milviz B55 makes takes me back like no other FSX model. Back in those days I drove a 1965 MGB British sports car and currently have a 1969 MGB in my garage and drive it regularly. A familiar haunt.  I only wish I was in position to also own and operate a Baron in real life. The Milviz Baron just has that real familiar haunt and feel to it.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere