Sign in to follow this  
BilboBaggins

Ant's Airplanes T-28D: what a great job!

HMmm, I'm a little torn with this one.  The plane itself is well-modeled, as usual.  The sounds aren't amazing but pretty good.  But the thing that's bugging me is the inverted attitude indicator.  I would use this for IFR flight on Pilot Edge and that thing being backwards is a big minus in my little book.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

HMmm, I'm a little torn with this one.  The plane itself is well-modeled, as usual.  The sounds aren't amazing but pretty good.  But the thing that's bugging me is the inverted attitude indicator.  I would use this for IFR flight on Pilot Edge and that thing being backwards is a big minus in my little book.  

Why not just change out that instrument to one that you like?  I bet there haven't been many IFR flights in the history of the T-28D.  If so, they were probably caught in deteriorating weather and filed to get on the ground.

You can try the demo.  Everything works as far as I can  tell.

Ray

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Which reminds me: smaller thing, but barometer defaults to hpa; can I edit the aircraft cfg to change that to millibars?

I can't seem to get mine much over 10k? It acts like the dreaded FSX Carb icing bug but hitting "H" does nothing. It acts like it's not supercharged even if I engage it? Anybody else been able to get this aircraft up to ceiling?

Temps and gauges look fine but power just bleeds away?

RE Thomason Jr.

No problems here, got it up to almost 30k before doing some spin practice.  Did you manually switch it into high blower at 10.5k or so?

Why not just change out that instrument to one that you like?  I bet there haven't been many IFR flights in the history of the T-28D.  If so, they were probably caught in deteriorating weather and filed to get on the ground.

You can try the demo.  Everything works as far as I can  tell.

Ray

Ray

Ummm, I can't just change a 3D gauge...  That's what I like to do on FS is IFR.. for the most part at least.  As I said it's a great plane, especially for that price

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ummm, I can't just change a 3D gauge...  That's what I like to do on FS is IFR.. for the most part at least.  As I said it's a great plane, especially for that price

OK, I think the instrument is just fine and modelled correctly.  You don't, so why not just tell yourseft the one instrument is faulty and ignore it when flying IFR.  It will be good training for you.  Who knows, you may even get used to it.

Ray

You think it's normal that it shows the acft in a dive during climb?  Ok...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

You think it's normal that it shows the acft in a dive during climb?  Ok...

No, thats not right.  You must have a screwy model.  I'm flying the P-51 now but next time I'm in the Trojan I will pay special  attention to the gauge and do some unusual attitudes and see what I see.

Ray

Unless Anthony patched it already and its in a new build... I've got the original demo though..

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Unless Anthony patched it already and its in a new build... I've got the original demo though..

I sent Anthony an email and asked him to take a look at it. I told him I either didn't know now to read the gauge or the pitch info is backwards. He has been known to put out some stuff like this but is always quick to correct it. He usually says he was testing something or another and forgot to put it back in the final model. We shall see.

Ray

I agree he is quick and makes nice planes for a super low price.  If that gets fixed I'll probably buy it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hi Ray

I think I may have got that wrong. Am looking into it.

A patch will be made in a week or two and I will fix it if necessary.

yours sincerely
Anthony Lynch
Ant's Airplanes

for just a bit more you can buy a mustang on a 64 bit platform sim included in DCW!  FSX could only dream of this stability.

You can dogfight in multi player all day and boy is it fun. I stopped buying these lovely models in fsx because it doesn't make sense to just cruise around in these war birds and never pull a trigger or drop a bomb, it just aint right!

ZORAN

zoran, on 05 May 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

for just a bit more you can buy a mustang on a 64 bit platform sim included in DCW! FSX could only dream of this stability.

You can dogfight in multi player all day and boy is it fun. I stopped buying these lovely models in fsx because it doesn't make sense to just cruise around in these war birds and never pull a trigger or drop a bomb, it just aint right!

You are correct. DCS is a great alternate to FSX and X-Plane. I only have 24 hours in day and I am spending all those waking hours somewhere between FSX and P3D. But, I read the great article in PC Pilot mag about the DCS P-51.

When I get the urge to shoot down an airliner or bomb the local power plant I use the MilViz F-15 Strike Eagle. It does all those things in FSX and I know enough to get the gear up, shoot, drop and run without learning a new simulator.

Gold Star Winner/Bravo Zulu Award winner

Ray