Sign in to follow this  
rspring94

Posky 747-400 Taxi Problem (again...)

Hi all

I know this has been discussed in many places many times before...but I am having the problem of the Posky 747v4 sliding when taxiing.

Before these suggestions come up, I have tried

updated FDE (didn't work)

(many many) modifications to the .cfg (didn't work)

replacing it with an FDE from a different plane (don't understand why not, but... didn't work)

Now  I am starting to get annoyed.

One more thing, I have had the planes working properly in this installation of FSX, it is just over the last month or so that I have had this problem.

Please help!!!

Thanks

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

QF147: SYD-AKL (ZK-ZQG)

27-5-2018

EK413: CHC-SYD (A6-EUI)

Please help!!!

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

Same issue here, just taxied, I mean skidded to the runway at KLAS in a POSKY 744. I do recall seeing a fix somewhere...

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

You might check the MOI yaw value.  I've noticed that POSKY tends to set these values too high considering the size and weight of the aircraft.  A really high value will create too much inertia, making the plane much more resistant to direction changes, which may cause the sliding issue on the ground. 

I'd also check the pitch and roll MOI values since they might also be too high, although I don't believe they would affect turning on the ground.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

the current MOI yaw value is 26310700.000

What should I set it to?? :smile:

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

the current MOI yaw value is 26310700.000

What should I set it to?? :smile:

Well, that's actually about right.

I just noticed that in your first post you said that the plane worked fine up until about a month ago, so it's probably not something in the aircraft cfg.

I'm not really sure what else would cause the sliding other than a wet runway.  I believe that FSX changes ground behavior if the runway surface is wet, which can cause aircraft to slide if you try to turn too fast, e.g. exceeding 10 knots.

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Hope ya find a cure.  I had the same issue but could never find a definative fix so I gave up and use my PMDG 747.  I think I installed a "fix" a ways back but it still skidded.  I always did like the FPS friendly and paints of the posky 747 though.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

What's so great about the posky?

For me (who doesn't really do longhauls, anyways) it's the following:

1.) It's free

2.) great outside model, maybe not as good as the PMDG one, but still way better than the default one

3.) at least a more realistic flight model than the default 747

4.) While not reaching PMDG's  system fidelity, it is still capable of more proper flight procedures with the (payware) ISG gauges, which all I want, because when I feel like following the complete procedures I got other planes, and as stated above: I'm not hte long haul guy, so basic functions are enough fro me here.

Does someone have the posky 747 v4 working?

If so can they send it to me?

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

27-5-2018

Ryan,

In addition to making sure you have the most up-to-date Model files from Posky plus the appropriate A/C CFG changes (also from Posky) for your particular aircraft, one thing that helped me a lot to overcome the ground handling issues that are common with the Posky 747-400 is that I have added the following line in the "Brakes" section of the A/C Cfg. file--toward the tail end of the Cfg. narrative:

Differential_Braking_Scale = 1.0 (make sure you use the indicated underscores and not dashes)

In effect, what this does is "mimic" the effect of differential thrust from the engines. As you turn the nose wheel left or right and lightly touch the brakes (don't hold them down)the A/C will respond immediately by turning rather sharply in the direction you want. Play with the thrust to overcome the braking effect as well to keep you moving. You can play with this value, plus or minus, to set the level of sensitivity you want, but 1.0 is a good starting point. I use this adjustment with many of my aircraft and it works well for me. Hope this helps you out.

USREFC

Does someone have the posky 747 v4 working?

If so can they send it to me?

I have it working, just one of the 'mega packages' of repaints from avsimrus

Whether it works or not for you is probably due to how you have your controls configured, I use fsuipc and have my rudder axis configured to send rudder & steering tiller controls.