Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

A weekend of eye-opening...64 bit---and NEVER going back....

Any reader that can run FSX in a hot configuration that doesn't outright purchase the full v10.21 program, I offer my flight simulation condolences. You are losing out, large! You have absolutely NO IDEA, of what you are denying yourself and missing out on. You haven't got a clue. Videos, still shots, whatever...do NOT communicate what is on my screen in pause as I write this.

:lol:  :lol: oh oh you used the "F" word :P   happy flying :drinks:

Holy Sh*t...I have lock jaw with this smile, LOLOLOLOLOL!   This is naughty...I feel 15 years old...and getting my first 10 speed!

I'm paused over Toronto, and just took off from CYYZ.  Yeah..there are no buildings (before I can start loading up custom...) but the airport looks fantastic as you take off...with all runways done so beautifully!  And Toronto?  The harbor?  The shore line, as I now head out to Gananoque, Ontario (why?...cause the Thousand Islands of Ontario and New York, are some of the most scenic waterways in the world, that's why!) is the BEST stock rendering I have ever seen. Holy Sh*t......lol!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

Bye (waving my left hand at you as the right holds the yoke....)  See ya at the tavern later, down by the Thousand Island Tours docks....I'll buy ya a beer....last one there, is a flying rotten egg....   Poof.......gone------------------------------------------------>

Post Edit:  "Oh..and the road and highway systems, are right on...right on the money...and look simply fantastic!  Ok, bye for real...."....

My first flight with the full install 10.21...

HOLY (you know what!) The Demo doesn't even SCRATCH the magnitude of XP10.21~

Ok...in my view, the 64 bit version of the full-blown X-Plane v10.21 is the BEST, the FINEST, the most richly immersive flight sim on the market today. The visuals on my first flight were so stunning, I almost crashed the plane, because of rubber-necking, rather than flying....and all in 30 FPS full bore. This is what I have ALWAYS hoped for....and if you could only see the smile on my face as I type these words.

Any reader that can run FSX in a hot configuration that doesn't outright purchase the full v10.21 program, I offer my flight simulation condolences. You are losing out, large! You have absolutely NO IDEA, of what you are denying yourself and missing out on. You haven't got a clue. Videos, still shots, whatever...do NOT communicate what is on my screen in pause as I write this.

Ok...enough said...I'm about to go out and find myself a slice of GLOBAL...and fly, fly, fly, and touch and go's...and fly...and soak it all in....YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

See ya....will be too busy exploring, than posting the next few days..... Cheers!

Are you in sales by any chance? :lol:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I'm paused over Toronto, and just took off from CYYZ.  Yeah..there are no buildings (before I can start loading up custom...) but the airport looks fantastic as you take off...with all runways done so beautifully!  And Toronto?  The harbor?  The shore line, as I now head out to Gananoque, Ontario (why?...cause the Thousand Islands of Ontario and New York, are some of the most scenic waterways in the world, that's why!) is the BEST stock rendering I have ever seen. Holy Sh*t......lol!

Chris K is working on CYYZ............soon we will have an awesome free CYYZ by the freeware god------> ChrisK :lol:

Are you in sales by any chance? :lol:

I think he's a Microsoft Employee :ph34r:  :lol:

Holy Sh*t...I have lock jaw with this smile, LOLOLOLOLOL!   This is naughty...I feel 15 years old...and getting my first 10 speed!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

Bye (waving my left hand at you as the right holds the yoke....)  See ya at the tavern later, down by the Thousand Island Tours docks....I'll buy ya a beer....last one there, is a flying rotten egg....   Poof.......gone------------------------------------------------>

Post Edit:  "Oh..and the road and highway systems, are right on...right on the money...and look simply fantastic!  Ok, bye for real...."....

post-45106-0-87782500-1354793046_thumb_z

post-45106-0-38363400-1354793033_thumb_z

post-45106-0-66847900-1354793051_thumb_z

I'm sorta of blogging my way down the east coast of Lake Ontario, from Toronto, to Gananoque.

I am at around 2,500 feet...and folks...I wish everybody could be in my virtual plane to get a load of what I am seeing.... freight trains heading east along the actual tracks that are there....and the DETAIL of the train cars...OMG!   The traffic along the 401 eastbound, so real...that you are actually THERE!  You are flying actually THERE....along the east coast of the lake!!!!!  

I simply can't believe that this is a sim!  The colors are spot on. The graphic outlay in farm fields is right ON!  XP 10 makes it so easy to believe that you are above actual terrain, that you are familiar with, and that adds exponentially to the 'feeling' of realism.  Well...all I can say, and happily so...is that this is the first time EVER in my flight simming hobby, that I believe that I am flying....the feel of the aircraft...and the flying it over so believably mapped out terrain and auto-gen.   Rockcliffe....you have NO IDEA...of what you are missing out by sitting on the fence.  No idea....   This isn't about smoother (actually...DEAD smooth, stutter-free animation,) this is about as 'real-as-it-gets' and Microsoft didn't get there...Laminar did.....   Laminar......did.   :))))))))  Thank you Laminar!  Keep it coming....come-----to-----papa, with 10.30

Back to the flight....

I suppose if I was starting out afresh and it was a choice between FSX or XP10, then I would probably opt for XP, BUT, I am not just starting out and like a lot of guys, with an investment of about $3000 on addons alone, to jump ship would be a little foolish at this moment in time.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

jump ship would be a little foolish at this moment in time.

it's shallow water.....jump :lol:  we'll catch you :P

I suppose if I was starting out afresh and it was a choice between FSX or XP10, then I would probably opt for XP, BUT, I am not just starting out and like a lot of guys, with an investment of about $3000 on addons alone, to jump ship would be a little foolish at this moment in time.

We were all invested in the other sim at one time and it didn't hurt at all to switch. I know how it can add up quickly when an urge to spend comes along. I'm actually saving a sizable chunk of change with X-Plane... :lol:

Anyways, the objective is the same, flight simulation. It doesn't matter how you achieve it as long as you do it. :wink:

I'm actually saving a sizable chunk of change with X-Plane... :lol:

very true....xp10 payware is cheaper than other sims.

Rockcliffe, I'm going to answer you so very honestly...and here it goes...

Like you, I have spent hundreds to thousands of dollars between FS98------------FSX.     I was curious about how a 64 bit native code flight sim would run on my totally native 64 bit O.S. and CPU.  So, that was the impetus to download the demo.  I was not prepared for such a flight sim epiphany.  Rockcliffe, if you have always been searching for that most elusive flight sim moment, that of believing you  are in command of some very high tech metal...and floating that metal thousands of feet above true ground, then I must tell you, in all aspects, it is XP10.21

I have flown O.O.M and CTD free for over an hour and a half. I have flown, jumping around like a kid in a candy store, to Toronto, to Las Vegas, and to even some small cottage towns that I know...and have found out that not only are all roads exactly where they should be, that they follow the actual path in real life throughout the terrain, but in such places as Belle River, Ontario, where we have boated, the marina is created (this is stock, remember) as life-like in visual fly-over as in real life.  The land build up is so close to actual, that I can see the clubhouse sitting right where it should...for there is the proper placement of ground for it.  Such details assure me that where ever I now fly...it will be verbatim to the real-world.  Fantastic.  So, yes, I spent like you...but I feel it is a road to the place where you fee/find that you are now flying. No more wanna-fly, no more what's it likes, for myself.  In cruising over the Las Vegas, I did not have the downtown strip that I have in FSX, no...but I felt that I was FLYING over that space where it should be, with no stutter, no chop, just a powerful 30 FPS, with everything that this sim has...in effect. The visuals this way, are stunning, to say the least. To see (HDR) sun...moving across your leather seats and other surfaces on the plane as SMOOTH AS SILK (again..real life), across my instrument panel and the windows...is a tractable grounding to reality. It happens out 'there'...and now it happens within your virtual world. You turn and bank...and the sun lets you know it is there....and fixed in position, as you are not for it now moves seamlessy about the cabin and fuselage.  Spend the $79.00 for Global and shipping/handling. It will be the best $79,00 simulating dollars you have spent in years!  For myself, I am now prepared to upgrade XP10.21 with third party scenery, and planes.  I am in pause over the Grand Canyon right now, and with the simply perfect water color of the river (depending on atmospherics) , Rockcliffe....I am there, man...I am there.  This experience today, with the full sim, leaves me no regrets that I have spent or left money 'behind'.  Life moves on, and so does simulation technology.  Folks are trying to claw some sort of decent and DESPERATE performance out of the DX10 preview in FSX, and it is already waiting for them, and WORKING within XP10. The performance and smoothness they seek so badly for their hobby is waiting via another platform.  No compromises.  It works, it is seamless, and you are as close to the real thing, as is possible with sitting at a computer desk.  Fantastic, man. Fantastic.  It's here...waiting for you. But unless you drop a tank of gas on the matter, you will never see it, enjoy it, and no longer spend your time in friggin' with the software, and tweaks until you want to vomit, but no...you will fire XP10 up...set your max setting as per your hardware, and go and fly for HOURS, (64 bit) until you decide to land, shut down...and walk away. O.O.M's a' la FSX are a bad memory put to rest. You fly, land...and go and have dinner....   Cheers, Rockcliffe, cheers!   Now..back to the Grand Canyon fly over, and feeling for the first time, that I am really there...the canyon walls of vaulted rock  moving past my cockpit windows....slow...smoothly, and beautifully so.....   I'm a convert.

Mitch

.  The land build up is so close to actual, that I can see the clubhouse sitting right where it should...for there is the proper placement of ground for it.  Such details assure me that where ever I now fly...it will be verbatim to the real-world. 

One of the reasons I asked how you were going was because I know you were happy with the scenery in the demo.  The demo has a lot of custom scenery per M2 than the actual product.

I was curious how you might reconcile that against the actual thing.

By your quote above, you have got the fluke of the century tho have a clubhouse in the right place.   It's very good for you though, that the defualy autogen 'flavour' matches the area you fly so well.

Why is it a lot of the X-Plane vids take place at night?

Seems the example you gave was my video, I feel I should comment :P . Yes, I really enjoy evening and night flying. It's nothing short of stunning. And yes, the fancy HDR lights do make my jaw drop still after many months of owning Xplane 10. I see nothing wrong with being amazed at the lighting effects and in this case I was simply showing off the lighting effects in a new aircraft I had just bought.

I agree that Xplane 10 during the daytime still needs some work in terms of textures and regionalization but there is no doubt that it is still much better than stock FSX and even comparable at times to FSX with add-ons such as Orbx. Also photo scenery is available with correctly aligned autogen for nearly all of Europe! Also, bush flying with stock scenery (e.g. Alaska) is awesome. Here is a great example of daytime flying with photo scenery -

I'll just always be one who will want to see the Vegas strip down below, and an airport with buildings at the Grand Canyon, Sedona Arizona, etc

So...... Scenery builders, keep at it! I have no desire to populate the sim world myself, and I do prefer custom airport scenery packages over a generic list of buildings.

Therefor, it could be a long time before I'd consider a full switch instead of using both. Besides, I've been to Las Vegas too many times to just imagine that it's there......

'feeling' of realism.

Besides the lack of stutters, auto-gen pop-ups and the dreaded blurries, the "feeling of realism" is exactly why I switched from the "other sim".

Glad to know you are enjoying it!

Carlos

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo