Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

FSUIPC TO STOP WORKING TODAY!

Interesting...

So, everyone needs to reinstall FSUIPC?

It seems so.. 

Coolio - it was put on the front "news" page. Hate to see a bunch of simmers try to fly tomorrow wondering what was going on. :-) 

Edited by spokes2112

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thanks for catching this.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

Thanks for posting this , FSUIPC is the linch pin of many installations and included in a fair number of Payware Aircraft , errors will be widespread and having this information on the Front Page the best means of forwarning Avsims Members with the least possible delay.

Best Regards C Jodry

Managing Editor Avsim

I just went to Peter Dawson's page and I see only v4.88 posted on April 29th. Where to find v4.9?

*******************************************************************************************************

EDIT:

Please disregard the above. After downloading the version shown as 4.88, the documentation shows that it is actually 4.9.

I just went to Peter Dawson's page and I see only v4.88 posted on April 29th. Where to find v4.9?

Just downloaded and installed. The new DLL for FSX is 4.90 dated 5/5/2013. Evidently the description on the page hasn't changed yet.

So how do we know if our computer has been infected with this malicious software (in the form of Java updates). Also, any idea of what the symptoms would be on our machines?

Also, SimMarket is sending out emails with the update info and DropBox download links to the 4.90 and 3.999z2 packages. This update will get into the hands of all registered FSUIPC users quite quickly.

So how do we know if our computer has been infected with this malicious software (in the form of Java updates). Also, any idea of what the symptoms would be on our machines?

Just to be clear: FSUIPC isn't infecting anyone's machine.

Apparently some third party (hacker) has stolen the GlobalSign Code Keys identifying FSUIPC as safe software and is using those keys on other, non-safe software advertising itself as Java updates.

To ensure your own machine is clean and safe, use your standard anti-virus and/or anti-malware program and scan regularly with updated definition files.

Also, SimMarket is sending out emails with the update info and DropBox download links to the 4.90 and 3.999z2 packages.

Just got the e-mail.. Truly a "class act" on simMarket's side for doing that. Dropbox and simMarket's bandwidth usage is going to quadruple today LOL -JK

Roman  

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I had an email from Simmarket when I got home from the footie today.  All things considered, I think Pete Dawson, as always, has provided the best possible service under the circumstances.  Thanks Pete if you are reading this.  Much appreciated. :Applause:

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Just to be clear: FSUIPC isn't infecting anyone's machine.

Apparently some third party (hacker) has stolen the GlobalSign Code Keys identifying FSUIPC as safe software and is using those keys on other, non-safe software advertising itself as Java updates.

To ensure your own machine is clean and safe, use your standard anti-virus and/or anti-malware program and scan regularly with updated definition files.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Oh man, I am 2 hours into a 10 hour flight...  I hope the cutover is at midnight so I can get this last flight in... (So selfish) :)  Will it just stop working mid-flight?  Need to D/L the updates now.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg