Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

FSUIPC TO STOP WORKING TODAY!

Oh man, I am 2 hours into a 10 hour flight...  I hope the cutover is at midnight so I can get this last flight in... (So selfish) :)  Will it just stop working mid-flight?  Need to D/L the updates now.

I just quit a 7 hour flight to download, just in-case it isn't downloadable later one.

I just quit a 7 hour flight to download, just in-case it isn't downloadable later one.

Your flight will be fine. :) 

It is only when you restart the sim that the license will become invalid.

Thank you very much guys, I am passing Moncton now just consulted my co-pilot (me in the bathroom mirror) and we are going to continue based on Graham's feedback...  :Praying:  :Nail Biting:

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

When it becomes invalid depends on exactly when GlobalSign invalidate the certificate and when your PC updates its certificate lists - it may be hours, it may be days - no-one exactly knows. What will happen when it does though is that existing copies of FSUIPC will only be capable of logging, nothing else, according to Pete, so it's definitely worth updating before it happens.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Can I use my old FSUIPC.DLL after re registering?

The new fsuipc.DLL does not work for me..I can't load fsx

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

This may be a really dumb question, but does this only affect registered copies of FSUIPC ?

Will they be affected: Yes. They should (but probably won't) update their installers. They all use the same dll files, though, so if you install the new versions using the 3.999z2 or 4.90 installers, you have fixed the problem for everything at the same time.

When you use an FSUIPC installer, that checks and will only overwrite the dll if the installed version is older than the one being installed - for instance, if you install 4.90 today and then install the Blackbox Airbus Prologue packs, the version of FSUIPC in the current versions of the BBS packs are older, so will not overwrite 4.90. If the package just copies the dll file in, however (which they shouldn't!) then that could be an issue. That's always been the case, though, unfortunately.

Cheers,

ian P.

Will they be affected: Yes. They should (but probably won't) update their installers. They all use the same dll files, though, so if you install the new versions using the 3.999z2 or 4.90 installers, you have fixed the problem for everything at the same time.

I'm not talking about FSUIPC, I'm talking about other developers that use the same signing service for their own applications and DLL's.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

What's the proper way to reinstall? Just install the new one over top of old? Uninstall and reinstall? How do I backup all my settings and profiles?

Sorry, tf51d, I misunderstood you. I would presume that yes, it could potentially affect other developers too. You don't hear about valid certificates being misappropriated very often, but it does happen.

dcgator29: Just run the new installer over your old installation - it doesn't overwrite your .ini file, where all the settings are stored and if you just "check registrations" at the end, it will just confirm that your current ones are valid and end.

If you want to take a backup before doing so, the .ini and .key files are the ones you want to keep a copy of.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Sorry, tf51d, I misunderstood you. I would presume that yes, it could potentially affect other developers too. You don't hear about valid certificates being misappropriated very often, but it does happen.

I guess it comes down to whether it's just a case that the specific code FSUIPC used was compromised, or Global Sign was hacked and multiple codes are vulnerable? If it's the latter the problem may spread well beyond FS!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

What's the proper way to reinstall? Just install the new one over top of old? Uninstall and reinstall? How do I backup all my settings and profiles?

Download, run the installer and enter your personal license code (if running the full version) when prompted, otherwise simply fly and be happy.

I guess it comes down to whether it's just a case that the specific code FSUIPC used was compromised, or Global Sign was hacked and multiple codes are vulnerable? If it's the latter the problem may spread well beyond FS!

You are correct in the questions but, as per his announcement, Pete is currently in discussion with GlobalSign about exactly what happened, so I won't speculate without all the facts.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Oh man, I am 2 hours into a 10 hour flight...  I hope the cutover is at midnight so I can get this last flight in... (So selfish) :)  Will it just stop working mid-flight?  Need to D/L the updates now.

Wow, you guys are REALLY hardcore.   :lol:

Vic