Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

2D Panel View - Screenshot

Hello guys,

after the amaizing job made my PMDG 747 i decided to buy the PMDG 737. One question when starting a flight and having the 2D panel view the cockpit view starts with a zoom that appear to look at its own front wheels. Is there a trick to have the view look straight? 

2Dpanelview_zps11cc22f9.png

I have been trying to minimize the windows and nothing seems to work, except if I retract the zoom to 0.30. But it does not look real (as by pressing the standard zomm- backspace)

zoomretraction_zps0cdaf0ee.png

Thanks for any tipps!!

hello Andres,

thanks for your reply!! I have tried what you said but unfortunately the view still the same!! any idea of what else could be?

thanks!

you need to change something in the panel.cfg by memory maybe someone can point you towards that.

Hi,

CTRL+SPACEBAR only temporarily sets the view, as you change views, the forward view goes back to "normal."  Does anyone know how to change the FSX cfg settings to set the view to the realistic view from the cockpit?  I have been using 0.30 whicxh is not the actual view one would see from a real cockpit, but it's better than looking at the ground.

Thanks

Rob

Felipe,

Try editing the panel.cfg which can be found under simobjects. In the View subsection add this

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,MINIPANEL
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=5.5, 0.0, 0.0
VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.8

Gerry

or where it it says 5.5 try 3.3

Hi, try to change this line in your FSX.CFG

WideViewAspect=True

That should fix it.

Te habias demorado en entrar Moran...................

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

Hi,

Don't have a VIEW heading in FSX so put the 3 lines under the end of the PANEL entries and Added in the Header [VIEWS].  However it has not made any difference to the view forward, it still goes to the default view and I have to adjust it with the - key and end up with 0.30

Rob

Felipe,

Check that you are using this path to find the panel.cfg file.

C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX

subsitute FSX in that line if you have installed FSX elsewhere or under another name.

Gerry

Hi,

In the 737-800 Aircraft Cfg file I have the following:

[Views]

eyepoint=46.462, -1.64, 4.75

In the panel cfg file I have the following:

[fltsim]

alias=PMDG 737-800NGX\panel

That's all I have under those two headings.  Where should I enter the three lines you suiggested?

Rob

OK, found the right file and put in changes.  However, the view out of the cockpit is still the same.

Rob

All I can suggest is that you use Ctrl-Q and Ctrl-Shift-Q to move the view outside up and down.

Gerry

Gerry is correct. I believe all the NGX panels alias back to this file. I use 3.000, tastes great and less filling too.

\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\panel\panel.cfg

[VIEWS]

VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,MINIPANEL

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.000, 0.000, 0.000

VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.8

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Anyone know how to set the zoom.  Mine goes to 0.30 automatically and 0.80 is more realistic.  I can adjust it manually but I'd like to set it in a cfg file so it automatically goes to 0.80.

Thanks

Rob