Sign in to follow this  
soundrats

Disconnet from VRInsight MCP Panel

Hi Very often I recognices that LINDA "disconnects" from the VTI MCP Panel so that I have to RELOAD LUA ENGINE. I have Linda Vers. 1.11 and the latest FSUIPC 4.90 registered version. Is there anything what I can do the the connection becomes stable?

Kind Regards Tom

Hi out there,

very often I have the problem that LINDA disconnects form the VRInsight MCP Combo Panel. I have to RELOAD LUA ENGINE several times inflight. Does anybody know what to do that it stays connected? I use Linda Vers. 1.11 and the FSUIPC 4.90 registered version.

If there is no way to fix this - is it possibel to RELOAD LUA ENGINE via keystroke?

Kind Regards Tom

Hello Tom,

what do you mean with "disconnect"?

Is it more, that there's no reaction any more??

What happens with certain hardware is, if you have jittering buttons or levers, you make LINDA crazy ^_^

Best example is the Saitek throttle quadrant: the levers produce in the lower position a button press.

No, Saitek TQ are mostly crapware and start to jitter after one year.

What they do now is producing "ghost button presses" and LINDA gets overloaded ...

Same could of course also be with a slightly defect button anywhere which is producing "micropresses" ...

Do you think, it could be a kind of this?

Solution is other hardware or a LINDA restart.

I changed from Saitek to CH throttle quadrant and the issue is gone.

Or do you think, you have another issue here?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

guenseli, on 13 May 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

Hello Tom,

what do you mean with "disconnect"?

Is it more, that there's no reaction any more??

What happens with certain hardware is, if you have jittering buttons or levers, you make LINDA crazy ^_^

Best example is the Saitek throttle quadrant: the levers produce in the lower position a button press.

No, Saitek TQ are mostly crapware and start to jitter after one year.

What they do now is producing "ghost button presses" and LINDA gets overloaded ...

Same could of course also be with a slightly defect button anywhere which is producing "micropresses" ...

Do you think, it could be a kind of this?

Solution is other hardware or a LINDA restart.

I changed from Saitek to CH throttle quadrant and the issue is gone.

Or do you think, you have another issue here?

Thnx for your answer guenseli,

yes I mean there is no reaction - it happens on the VRInsight Combo Panel. As I said very often if I press a button or dial a rotary I have no reaction - as soon as I reload the lua engine the reaction is back. First I thought maybe to much macros but it does not look like this.

Example in the new DASH I assigned macros for BLEED rotary and the NAV SOURCE to VRI MCP rotaries - during the last flight I had to reload lua engine three times cause they stopped working. BTW I use a PFC yoke to B) I think you use the VRI MCP Combo Panel - do you have problems with the rotaries - they feel just fine and smooth.

Kind Regards Tom

Can you just try to execute this functions very (relatively) slow?

Guenter Steiner

Can you just try to execute this functions very (relatively) slow?

Do you mean turning the rotary very slowly - if there is no reaction? For BLEED it is anayway only 4 clicks. BTW it happens with L:Vars as well as with macros. I will try and tell you.

Thnx Tom

Yes, turning rotaries slow or avoid generally to execute different functions very fast one after another.

I do not know if this is related to maybe weaker Systems; I have a relative fast System. But in any case, you shouldn't make too fast Inputs.

However I talk about very fast Inputs.

Don't know how fast you are, but for testing purposes, please try to Input slower.

Of course, this does not mean that you just could act like a snail ... if it is too slow in your eyes, there must be other Problems ...

Guenter Steiner

Yes, turning rotaries slow or avoid generally to execute different functions very fast one after another.

I do not know if this is related to maybe weaker Systems; I have a relative fast System. But in any case, you shouldn't make too fast Inputs.

However I talk about very fast Inputs.

Don't know how fast you are, but for testing purposes, please try to Input slower.

Of course, this does not mean that you just could act like a snail ... if it is too slow in your eyes, there must be other Problems ...

I tried to rotate the rotaries which did problems very slow - but no other result - no reaction. I reloaded the LUA ENGINE - it was working again. I have a fast system to 4.9GHZ IVY BRIDGE WIn7. 

Thnx for helping Tom

Of course I thought it might be an hardware issue - but I doubt it a bit cause it works after LUA EHNINE RELOAD again.

Regards TOM