Sign in to follow this  
Cai Zicheng

FSX missing Atlantic Ocean

Hi folks,

My FSX is now flying over the Atlantic Ocean, from JFK to CDG. However, fsx depicts the Atlantic Ocean as solid land. I use FSGenesis mesh, UTX and GEX.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks.

Zicheng

Screenshots:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58117713/2013-5-5_10-47-45-903.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58117713/map.jpg

My thoughts:

When was the last time you flew over the Atlantic?  If you can remember the approx date, that will help.  If so, try to remember what add-ons you might have installed since then.  If you didn't install anything, did you configure any add-on?  Something changed since you last flew over the Atlantic successfully.  If you can remember that change, you can reverse it and your issue should go away.

Regards,

John

My thoughts:

When was the last time you flew over the Atlantic? If you can remember the approx date, that will help. If so, try to remember what add-ons you might have installed since then. If you didn't install anything, did you configure any add-on? Something changed since you last flew over the Atlantic successfully. If you can remember that change, you can reverse it and your issue should go away.

Regards,

John

Hi John,

Actually it's the first trans-Atlantic flight with my new PC.

Zicheng Cai

its UTX I think, try running the setup tool again and turning all options on and off, I had this in the med before and that was the fix I employed

Yes, run UTX setup tool again. Problems with coastlines or missing waters often get solved by running that tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Thank you guys. The ocean is back.

Always lots of good advice here, glad you got it back!

John

Thanks guys, I had this going over the North Sea from Iceland to Norway, but I was to embarrassed to tell anyone :)

23.png

Thanks guys, I had this going over the North Sea from Iceland to Norway, but I was to embarrassed to tell anyone :)

You would have been ok to ask. Now, if you were telling us you only fly wearing speedo's and a  pair of WW1 flying goggles, we could understand. :lol: :lol:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thank you guys. The ocean is back.

Glad you got it fixed.  Can you click on the button in the lower right corner of the post that best answered your question?  It helps others knowing a solution was found by just looking at your post and, when someone opens it, the answer will be right there at the top.  You don't have to but just a suggestion.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Glad you got it fixed.  Can you click on the button in the lower right corner of the post that best answered your question?  It helps others knowing a solution was found by just looking at your post and, when someone opens it, the answer will be right there at the top.  You don't have to but just a suggestion.

Best regards,

Jim

Done. However, there are obviously two same best answers. Thank you all.

Zicheng Cai