Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Problems with COUTL and/or Addon manager

I am running into this annoying problem.

1) When I start FSX, it just freezes... I wait for like 10-15 minutes to realize its not going any where. No error message..nothing.

After spending enormous amount of time, I figured its the silly FSDT thing. So I go and download their latest software and install it. Not it all seems to work fine

2) After a week, I fly from San Diego to KPHX and when I reach Phoenix I don't see the Flight beam KPHX airport..its missing.. I check the addon manager its active and registered, What the freak

Now I exit out and had to reinstall Flight beam KPHX twice to see it.

3) Now I am ;loading FSX..and its freezing.. I can't get in

Anyone has this vexing issue?

I want to throw the whole crap out! 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

You should probably ask Umberto on his forum since he'll probably be quicker to fix your problem than here. He's one of the best in the FS world at providing top notch customer service as well as one if the most patient.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Manny,

You posted a few days ago that you deleted the GSX folder, that is probably caused your current issue. GSX is also in the %APP% folders as well, which are still there. I would reinstall GSX, and also download the latest stand alone manager. And as Jim said, I would ask Umberto how to uninstall GSX.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Flightbeam and FS Dreamteam use the security of Coutl.  Once properly registered, you sometimes have to restart Coutl.exe.  Did you ever try to restart Coutl.exe and reinstalling a Flightbeam or FSDT product?  I had some problem after installing FSDT KJFK (but no freezes or crashes) but most of the airport was gone and the addon manager indicated it was properly installed and registered.  I started up FSX, clicked on the Addon Manager and then Coutl and then clicked on restart Coutl.  Things are back to normal.  Coutl will bring back those airports that go missing like it did for me with KJFK V2.

Now, why is it freezing when you start FSX up?  Maybe because when it's reading the dll.xml a component is loading and the product or service is not available.  There's a whole host of possibilities for FSX freezes and it is most likely some type of installation problem (not necessarily associated with FSDT and FlightBeam).

Best regards,

Jim 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10