Sign in to follow this  
CaptainBurns

Help looking for a new Aircraft?

Hi, 

I'm looking for a selection of aircraft which meet my standards but I have not yet found any. I'm looking for something new to replace the Carenado P46T, which is a JetProp. I'm looking for a very high detailed cockpit, nice to fly and land, and something which is very stable in the air. I don't mind Dual Prop, just anything with a really detailed V/C and amazing flying characteristics  In addition, It would be nice to have something which is nice and simple to understand in terms of dials and switches in the cockpit. 

Thanks,

Callum

Realair Legacy?

I have this, I do like it but I used to use it all the time and it's got kind of boring now. Sorry, I should have been more specific 

Hello Callum, I have the Following Carenado airplanes. C185 with expansion, C210T, C208B with expansion, Commander 114, PA-34 Seneca, C90 King Air, B200 King Air. I fly them all regularly because they are stable. I also have the Reality Rxp 430 and 530. This adds to the realism of the navigation. There is a slight learning curve when it comes to programing which easy to learn. I have used both units in the real world so they work the same way. I also have the Real Air Turbine Duke. It is stable and flies true to the real aircraft. Guess that is the reason that I like them all. The C90 which I have a few hours in is as close to real as you can get. The characteristics are real close. Including fuel burn, pressurization, navigation and auto pilot. You will always find a variance in the sim and the real world. That is hard to fix. You don't get the feel in the seat of your pants. I think if you give the C90 or the B200 you will not be disappointed. If you are don't shoo the messenger. Good luck with your choices and happy flying. Nuff said Capt. McGill RJ USN Retired.

Hello Callum, I have the Following Carenado airplanes. C185 with expansion, C210T, C208B with expansion, Commander 114, PA-34 Seneca, C90 King Air, B200 King Air. I fly them all regularly because they are stable. I also have the Reality Rxp 430 and 530. This adds to the realism of the navigation. There is a slight learning curve when it comes to programing which easy to learn. I have used both units in the real world so they work the same way. I also have the Real Air Turbine Duke. It is stable and flies true to the real aircraft. Guess that is the reason that I like them all. The C90 which I have a few hours in is as close to real as you can get. The characteristics are real close. Including fuel burn, pressurization, navigation and auto pilot. You will always find a variance in the sim and the real world. That is hard to fix. You don't get the feel in the seat of your pants. I think if you give the C90 or the B200 you will not be disappointed. If you are don't shoo the messenger. Good luck with your choices and happy flying. Nuff said Capt. McGill RJ USN Retired.

Thanks for that. I'll give all the aircraft you have mentioned a try and see how I get on with them! I have the Beech C90 & see where you are coming from, its a real beauty to fly! 

Thanks

I second the advice on the Carenado C208, it's among their best planes IMO. You could also try their C337, that one's great fun, too.

BayTower RV7?  Does about 180 ktas, can integrate with RXP 530W...  fixed gear, ultra low stall speed... superb hand flying...

http://www.baytower.ca/

However the project developer has sort of disappeared off the earth...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

BayTower RV7?  Does about 180 ktas, can integrate with RXP 530W...  fixed gear, ultra low stall speed... superb hand flying...

http://www.baytower.ca/

However the project developer has sort of disappeared off the earth...

The plane is finished. He's there should you have any queries though.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Well yeah, but there was to be more work on it... there's a few minor things I've noted... plus at one point there was supposed to be a custom addition where you could change your gauges and the color of the lighting etc etc... like real kit plane owners have...

I realize the guy got busy and moved across country etc etc...  but would have been fun to have that added bonus stuff.  

I haven't been to those forums in a few months maybe he's back?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

One that looks cool is the Bronco X. I do not have it but have heard that it is a good plane, and it is defiantly on my wish list.

Ahh yes, that's decent.  Got a VFR GPS in it which looks cool.  Quite fast around 240 kias if I remember correctly...  great visibility from cockpit.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I highly recommend either one of the Realair Dukes or the Milviz B55 if you like an older plane.  I also love flying the Diamond DA20-100 Katana 4X from Aerosoft.

With a few mentions of Carenado's C208, I might give that a try myself

I think the OP needs the RealAir Turbine Duke.  :wink:

Just reread the OP and I agree, he needs the Turbine Duke, no question.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Oh yes it is wonderful. Especially paired with RXP 530 and 430!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |