Sign in to follow this  
Kerlix

PEC #2 Caution/Warning

So while attempting to move the condition levers to 850 for cruise, I accidently moved lever #2 to "Start/Feather". I immediately moved it back, but now I have a PEC#2 caution on the C/W panel and engine #2 is maintaining an (un)healthy 1060 RPMs, which is indicated in yellow.

What is the appropriate response to this? I'm currently halfway through a flight on VATSIM and I'm just continuing on to my destination, but couldn't find any QRH online to help point me in the right direction.

Does anyone know how to handle this situation?

I read that you have to shutdown the engine then restart it, no idea how true that is though.

• Like 1

Cheers, Andy.

Do you/anyone know where I can find a QRH for the Q400?

Here are some I found thru Google search,

Land immediately at nearest suitable airport.

http://quizlet.com/4186252/dhc-8-402-qrh-recalls-flash-cards/

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Here is a real life ASRS report on this issue,

A dash 8 flight crew inadvertently misset the condition levers. After consulting with maintenance they decided to return to their department airport.

Narrative:

During initial climb out from ZZZ; as the pilot monitoring; the condition levers were inadvertently moved below the propellers 850 detent after the flaps were set to zero. Condition levers were immediately reset to the propellers 850 detent while noting the illumination of the master caution light; #1 pec and #2 pec caution lights; along with a powerplant engine display message and propeller RPM's indicating a steady 1060. Climb checklist was completed. QRH was referenced. After careful review it was determined that there is no specific QRH procedure for dual pec caution lights. The single pec light checklist was used as a reference guide to include the increased landing distances and not going below flight idle during landing. After assessing the situation and discussing our options with the first officer; it was agreed that our best course of action was to return to ZZZ. All applicable checklists were accomplished and approach provided vectors to an uneventful landing. Aircraft was taxied to the gate where maintenance met the aircraft; cleared the write-up and returned the aircraft to service. We were told that tower had declared an emergency for us. Stress vigilance when moving condition levers to include that this should not be done concurrently while communicating with ATC; or while operating any other knob switch; button; or dial in the aircraft. Have manufacturer provide a more positive hump or gate below the 850 detent. It is noted that the flap and power levers have triggers to move them in and out of detents which preclude inadvertent movement. Change climb/flow checklist so that it is accomplished outside of or above busy terminal areas. Provide QRH guidance for dual pec caution lights.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Had it once.. switch cond levver for that engine to off.. on overhead choose that engine's start switch (1 or 2) and click start.

Move cond lever tot start, then when stable to min/850.

Seems to work.

thanks for the pointers guys. i wish i could find more than flash cards for it though.

Maybe if Majestic could make it work in a way by using left and right mouse clicks to move them in a detent and not having to drag the mouse because that is why it happens these cond levers jump very quickly to full.

that is why it happens these cond levers jump very quickly to full.

I've heard others say that, but strangely, I don't find that at all. Con levers are nice and smooth for me, no sudden jumps.

I have had this issue, but it was my stupidity that did it, rather than an issue with the Dash.

I 've just had this problem caused by the same issue with dragging the mouse down too far stupidly and a quick Google search brought me here... :o :o

Rather than divert although I should have done really I managed somehow to do shut down both engines and do an in flight restart. and fortunately I am now back on my way! B) B)

First and hopefully last time I have this little accident luckily I had just reached TOC.

P.s I like the clicks idea or even using the mouse wheel?

I had the same problem (dragging the mouse is too sensible), then my solution was : 
To shutdown the engine then restart it. It is working well.